First hand model

I thought I would try to make a hand after I thought about how I would set the loop cuts when I was at my job. My first time I tried I stoped 2min in when the hand wasnt comming out like the example in the maya book. So I used the no brainer way. And two hours of tweaking got me very good results.

Attachments

and heres a few more larger ones…

Attachments

Pretty good, I always found the thumb to be the hardest part.

Thanks Woodman. The hand lines and creases would be added later when i make the texture. I plan to post the .blend later tommarow or something

-need to add the nails also :expressionless:

I hope it works out for you. Sometimes textures can be pretty tricky.

It looks good, except the wrist, which isn’t right at all. It’s a very deformed wrist. :-?

I was kinda waiting until someone said something about the wrist soldier :stuck_out_tongue:
going to fix that tommarow because it does look very bad and the bone doesn’t sit in well like that either.

but here is a rendered version with a skin texture one it.

Attachments

Way too much specular, and from that angle the fingers seem sort of crooked. Looking back at the older one, I think they are a little crooked. Not sure if that’s what you were going for.

did alittle tweak on the fingers and turned spec off

Attachments

That looks great.

Thanks soldier. Added a mirror and tweeked the wrist right side and smoothed the slits between each finger. I think its alright now but maybe you or someone els can find out what els is wrong(except finger nails :expressionless: )

-Will release this .blend tommarow :stuck_out_tongue:
http://payyourcell.com/Hand/Hand4jpg.jpg

Here is a page where you can download the skin texture and the hand.
http://payyourcell.com/Hand/

Looking at the blend, the fingers perhaps thin too much further away from the hand. The area where the fingernails should go in particular looks like the fingers have been crushed to make them thinner. The index finger seems a bit thick just before the knuckle. Also, I think with the hand like that the tendons or ligaments or whatever on the top of the hand would be visible, but maybe that depends on the person. Some of the back of the hand also seems a bit lumpy.

It’s still a lot better than I could do, and I think it’s a good job.

Thanks for the extra crits soldier. I crushed the fingers on my latest render so it would give a groove effect where the nails should be but looking at it on the side it would look crushed :-? but the other things can be looked into. Also if you havent found the step by step hands they are on layer 1.

so it would give a groove effect where the nails should be but looking at it on the side it would look crushed

Yeah, but I think you overdid it a little. I guess it’s hard to judge without nails.

I didn’t notice the step by step before. Pretty cool.

The little finger looks somewhat like a second thumb due to how it’s bent and placed. If you look at your own hand you’ll see that the thumb starts way lower than the rest of the fingers. In your model here the little finger and the thumb at least appears to be starting very close to each other.
You should consider moving the thumb down and/or the little finger up a bit.
But well, it’s a good start, hands blows :expressionless:

In your model here the little finger and the thumb at least appears to be starting very close to each other.

Er, did you look at the earlier pics or download the model? They aren’t that close, the thumb is much lower than the little finger.

Updated the Hand.blend on page one.

-tweaked the fingers
-smoothed some of the sides of the hand
-changed the bone position on each finger
-added vain lines on back hand