first person (deprecated.)

Sorry, no pressure, I understand :slight_smile:

I will continue to watch closely, as you are teaching me very much by watching you progress. Just wanted you to be encouraged, that’s all.

Still think it’s much better than most that start out in the wip, anyways - especially mine :stuck_out_tongue:

THE PRESSURE. ARGH. IT’S ALL UP IN MAH GRILL.

Don’t worry. :stuck_out_tongue: I just have a history of choking in the WIP section, I’m trying to break the curse.

popski, wow, that is very possibly one of the most fantastically useful things anyone has ever linked me to ever. on that note, I retopologized the face and, to a lesser extent, the ear. It was much easier this time, especially with all the stuff at poles and flow loops. Wow. Great stuff. Bookmark’d.

EDIT: ADDENDUM: I would just like to mention that I’ve started reworking the body mesh and ho. ly. crap. it is so much easier. Studying anatomy is paying off in spades now. Thanks again popski, seriously.

Hey BlackBoe, this is looking very good! The edgeflow is very nice. My main concern is the top of the head, you’ve got a bit of weird edgeflow. The top of the head should be almost be a continuos series of loops.

This one:
http://albertlatham.com/images/arg.jpg

I redid a chunk of the back topology, detailed the join of the arm, and fixed up the stomach muscles a bit. I may redo the topology a little though, to accommodate abs better… Once again, thanks to popski; that link you gave me is paying out in spades. :]

I didn’t want her to be an amazon. There are too many amazonian wasp-waist models out there, and the world doesn’t need another one, so she’s short and reasonably muscular, and hopefully she has a fairly distinctly European face. She’s taking on a character, at this stage.

anyway, say whatever–I don’t take personal offense easily. Say it sucks if you like, but just remember to say why, so it can be fixed.

EDIT: And oh man I am totally going to nail that five-pole on her shoulder blade ANY DAY NOW. shifted L loops ftw.

changed her back more and also did her arms.

I know what you mean, but I wasn’t recommending them for the conversation, but for the pictures they’ve posted of female meshes that look really good. So here are the images: tolobán’s shoulder arm forward, arm down, arm up, underarm. wim’s shoulder rear view.

I’m very sorry, but things like that just don’t help. I never learned anatomy by copying other people’s drawings; I don’t know if that makes sense.

If you can see something wrong with my topology, please say, like ‘that will make a bad crease’ or ‘it’s too dense there’–these are solid, applicable rules and techniques that I can take with me–but simply saying ‘these guys are good, copy them’ (I assume you want me to copy them, I’m not sure what else I could be doing with them) will not ever help me develop, and if you don’t want me to copy them, then why show me without explaining what you are trying to get at? Is there something wrong I should be fixing? If so, you’d be much better off just telling me.

I don’t mean this in an annoyed way, by the way. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just explaining why these sorts of things have never really worked for me. I need to learn how to think, not how to repeat. I hope you understand.

Hey man, you are welcome! Yeah, finding of that thread was an eureka for me too! I’m happy that is useful for you as well. So, keep up good work, I can already see your great progress! :slight_smile:

& yeah, users usually shout “Get rid of the tris!”, but they are all wrong. Such “experts” don’t understand subsurf topology principles at all. Tris must be included in every complex topology! They just need to be on the right places. That was my great discover!