First Person Maze Game (Demo Available!)

Thanks everyone for the feedback, keep it coming!

The Dawisch:
Do you think that shine would look good with metal, or would that not fit the theme?

Shine with shiny metal sounds fine, but not with dirty metal.:wink:

What do you think of a Sci fi theme.

Sounds fine to me.:slight_smile:

Hey Those normals maps look great, Wouldn’t mind posting the link of the tutorial I’ve been having trouble with my normal maps, (They tend to suck)

EDIT:

I found something pretty cool, Making Noise from Textures, useful I must say

Messed around with it a bit, and I got great results :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll see if I can make a tutorial for normal maps. Also update comes out tomarrow! New Theme, New Experience!

I’ve been looking into Specular Maps, (This is going to sound stupid)

It seems they are not created from baking in any form. Although you can create them from a Normal Map, by inverting the colours or something along those lines :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:

I was thinking that the game could use a torch model, Well spent sometime with UV unwrapping and texturing and Vola, One torch

and for learning purposes the normal map and texture map:

and if you want them, I’ll send it to you :slight_smile:

The texture is a WIP, and the torch for some reason goes all dark once the texture map goes on. Besides that I’m proud :slight_smile:

EDIT:

I’ve completely redone the model. I went back a few versions and I re-baked the Normal Maps.

Texture is much better, I’ve made it look grungey and dirty (No particular reason)

So I don’t know why I’m modeling this but oh what the heck.

Update blend file is in the first post. Down load and tell me what you guys think
DefaultSound:
The model looks good. Keep it up! btw do you want to help me out with the Maze? we can take turns improving it, besides I need a team.

Yes indeed I want to help :), let me know because I’ve got nothing to do :stuck_out_tongue:

Testing the game right now, in a minute

EDIT:

What’s changed? XD

>.< Sorry try it now >.<

Look how much farther you are than 95% of the other projects posted! You actually have a game that plays. This is a real project. Well done.

Wow man, Thanks! I’m actually Updating it as we speak (or type) and I think to myself “I can’t believe I was board out of my mind when I stared this”

Ok, My proposal is we change the environment, or the design. I feel at the moment it feels as if we are walking around walls.

Today I’m going to model something special, although not the environment at the moment.

I like the space settings I say we keep that.

Ok I’ll update later.

Sounds good to me. I can’t model to save my life so any models for the game to help the feel of outer space or a “Dead Space” meet “Halo 3” theme. Maybe some enemies or defense system to keep you out of curtain areas. So what is this special model.

BTW, what special powers do you think a smiley face would have?

P.S. I’ll worry about the environment, stick to the modeling.

I’m modeling something cool, I’ve almost got a WIP ready, update soon

sweet, I’ll be waiting.

by the way, I still need to now what powers a smiley would

Ok here it is, :slight_smile:

Top is low Poly

Bottom High Poly

I didn’t model the hand I had trouble with that, so It’s from turbo squid. although it’s heavily modded. and the low poly hand I did myself.

I did have the Normal Maps set up but I will have to redo that again.

As for the smilies I don’t quite understand, if they are for the game I don’t think we should add them

EDIT:

887 Verts

Normal maps

Looks Great :smiley:

looks good I’ll make normal maps for just post the blend.I think I’m going to appoint you to modeler.

About the Smiles, It’s not for this game but for a board game project with smiley but I’m not sure if I should make a side stroller or platformer

BTW, Can you Rig that arm so we can add animation?

Yes animation is currently last on my list at the moment, it will be done at some point though.

For the smiles I suggest perhaps the emotion of the smiley gives different powers.

Happy = fast

sneaky = stealth etc.

Update:

• Bones added
    -Texture Added
    -Started on Poses