Really new to blender and 3D modeling but I am enjoying the journey so much! This is the first render I made that I felt I could show anyone. Big thanks to Andrew Price, the Blender Guru from YouTube for posting the tutorial on how to do this. I’ve learned a lot from him. I know it’s far from perfect, but I am happy with my progress in such a short time.
Hard to provide comment as it is a common scene we’ve seen since the release of Andrew Price’s tutorial.
I would recommend to enchance the scene and make it your own.
- Reduce the emission of that center bulb, all the internal details are gone, and the ground is overlit under the bulb
- make more bulbs light up (or in various light/dim settings)
- add other elements, (cables/wires) or organic objects, grass/twigs/rocks
- change the plane to something more interesting. tile/wooden floor, or even natural ground
- add HDR lighting to give it more realism.
Again, main thing it is hard to judge the default scene as it does not show anything unique to us.
But at the same time, as you said this is a good start for you, and keep posting your future endevous. We’re all interested to see how your skills develop.
Yeah good start keep doing what you like it doesnt have to be perfect.
IMO, the important thing is take away from the tutorial what you learned, and what worked well, and apply it to your own, unique work. Play with it, make some changes (baby steps) and see what improves, or degrades your image.
Most of all, keep at it. It’s a good start, but you’ve been walked through. Always remember what mattered most, and take that with you on your journey.
Thanks for the feedback! You’re right about taking what I have learned and moving it forward to create something unique. I think I will take your ideas and add a few of my own and see what else I can come up with!