15 Likes

Cool artwork, good composition and lighting. Great. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

:+1:
congrats.

1 Like

Nice work, it looks geat!

1 Like

This looks awesome! Great use of Ian’s mechanical greeble bits and plants, you really integrated them into the scene very well. The lighting is lovely too, although maybe a touch more contrast would help it pop? That being said, I know all too well that color grading is a rabbit hole that’s easy to get lost in and overdue, so I don’t blame you for keeping it subtle

Thanks! I’ve tried a bunch of different color grading on photoshop but the version that I posted here is the least jarring imo. Still got a lot to learn.

1 Like

I certainly understand accidentally making images “jarring” with color grading. I only recently got into heavily editing my renders in Photoshop and I feel like I’m still in the phase where I’ll usually overdo it, so I always put a copy of the original image at the top of my layer stack and play with the blend factor until I find a nice balance between the original and the excessively edited version (usually around 20-25% original). It can take the edge off the most oversaturated/high contrast areas while keeping the general improvements of the editing

Are you me? That is exactly what I do.

1 Like

I dont think any DOF is needed here for other factors are drawing attention to the good parts. Maybe push up the white on the hoodie material and play with the material settings (it seems a little blurred not sure if that is DOF).

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Amazing! thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I’m thinking about turning this into a small animation, I will keep your comments in mind. (It is DOF but all it does is muddy the picture yes)