first timer with first question

hello - totally new to blender and this forum - just one question: How do i get back to the original interface of blender (version 2.4)? I have been messing about and trying out various settings and now i can’t get back to how it was before. I can get the cube but not the camera or the lamp/light to show. any advise much appreciated.

Please ask these questions in the proper support forum (which would be Basics & Interface)!

Please post threads like this in the Basics and Interface section next time.

About your question:
Find out where your ‘.blender’ folder is and delete the ‘.B.blend’ in that folder. That’s all there is to it.

Your ‘.blender’ folder’s location depends on what operating system you’re on, but if you’re on windows this will either be the directory where you installed blender (i.e. “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender”) or in the Application Data folder for your user-account.

Aligorith

You must have pressed CTR-U or used the File /Save default setttings command. That takes a “snapshot” of your current file and uses it as the default file … which is how you can setup the UI / settings the way you like them … and save them … on purpose :smiley:

Mike