First try with Yafray

I’m not sure why I’m posting this, it’s nothing much, but I think it looks cool anyway. And plus, it’s my first experiment with Yafray. I wanted to put in a cloud background but couldn’t get it to work with a world texture.

AA Passes = 5
AA Samples = 5
Method = Full
Quality = Best
Photon Count = 500000

thats nice…rather plain…but better than I can do in yafray. i can’t get my renders in yafray to be bright enough to see.

zachboy: exposure. thats y u cant see it
turn the exposure up

finally someone told me…after several months someone finally had the decency to tell me that!!! thanks :slight_smile:

nice. Unfortunately i can’t render nothing in yafray. I’ve got problem with installing it :[.

Looks good. I can’t wait to get my new Athlon 64, so I don’t have to wait 52 hours for a Yafray render… :<

-Raseri

dude… it doesn’t take me that long to render with yafray…I have an amd athalon xp 2200 overclocked to 2.2 gigahertz, and 256 megs of ram. that scene that dbugged rendered would only take me about ten minutes.

If your cube looked like this I would be more impressed :slight_smile: Give it a shot! here is a link on how to do it :slight_smile:

Or better if it looked like this - nice start though, yafray doesn’t have to be complicated and still produce beautiful art, it doesn’t have to take long either! The biggest thing is the material setting have to be tweaked differently than in blender and that is where people go wrong! you have a good start though! keep it up!