Fish Tank

Please comment , this has been posted in final projects but I belive I will get a better response here

Hopefully one of these will work. ARgh

Download link 1
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=7128

Download link 2
Removed - 2 downloads and that stupid too many users error all day. good bye.

download unzip and run.

What cha think?

Sorry, there are too many users downloading right now.

Please go back and try again.

That’s all I get when I try to download from that site, I suggest a new file hoster.

http://www.walagata.com/ :wink:

Thx lol it says it has been downloaded once. yikes I have the most problems with hosting lol

I am using mac, and I cannot run .exe, can you post the .blend?

I got the file from download link 1, I really like the layout of your fish tank, it’s very cool, the windows do seem a bit too clear though, unless they’ve just been cleaned :slight_smile: and since they don’t have a filter the water would get dirty pretty quickly.

I think the only real noticeable downfall would be when the fish turn in a different direction, they just flip, they don’t even turn around at all, but other then that it’s great, maybe you could make a aquarium, with tons of fishies swimming around, hehehe maybe even have a couple ones floating on the surface :wink:

I pm’d chaser

Facemania - Thx for the comments, I plan on redoing the fish with new 2.41 blender for better lighting and some spec mapping. I was thinking about dirtying up the windows and My tank has some bubbles going up. I was making it like on of those tanks with the built in filter at the bottom. I was going to add some alge to the glass though. I haven’t gotton around to adding any more animations to the fish. I plan to though. Lol if you watch closely all they do is hit the wall and turn left. thats all. So adding some more ai to them will be in order too. Thx for the suggestions.

As for lots more fish lol. If your computer can handle more then i have already that would be cool. other wize in rl i heard that a fish needs 2 gallons per inch of fish. asuming my fish are about 2 inches each and i already have 10-20 fish thats 20 - 40 gallon tank. I kinda figured I was pushing that maximum amount of fish already.

I only spent about 6 hours on this so far. I plan to add snails, crabs and other various fish. I thinking about making mulitple versions with fantasy creatures and deep sea creatures as well as fresh water and salt water versions. Hehe we will see with time how much I actuly get done on it.

:smiley: Hehe interesting…

Any screens by any chance? Not able to download it at all (keeps saying too much users downloading). Lol, I started a blender aquarium a long while back, but never really got a chance to go back to it. I might sometime soon. :wink: Does ours look similar? http://www.mindinnovations.dyndns.org/modules/xfsection/article.php?articleid=1

Jason Lin

It would be cool to continue on that one and add a feature that people can make an account, login and feed there fish. Sort of Blender Game Engine pet.
It’s possible if you use python to connect to a database, and interact with them using python network programming. :smiley:

:smiley: Ohh, got it downloaded. Wow, it’s pretty cool, you definitely have more fish in there than I did. %| Lol, my fish were like 400-500 tris each… too high poly I would say, so I only allowed like 6 fish to swim around. %| Haven’t the nerve to remodel/texture/animate them all again…

Yeah you definitely should correct the motion when they hit the wall or a rock. It doesn’t look realistic when they make such a sharp turn.

It would be cool to continue on that one and add a feature that people can make an account, login and feed there fish. Sort of Blender Game Engine pet.
It’s possible if you use python to connect to a database, and interact with them using python network programming.

:wink: Sorta like neopets, but in 3d? Ehh, if I were to go down that road, hehe, probably won’t be using fish. ::shivers:: python network programming. Lol, one of these days I’ll probably come up with the nerve to tackle it…

Jason Lin

Wow that sounds awesome. Community tanks and all. Fish contests, Fish fights , hehe. Also sounds like alot of work. I think im going to stick with my single enviroments, I plan to make them more like a ecosystem and go from there. I do however like the ideal of being able to sell a fish tank and haveing them log in and verify there account, downloading new fish ect…