Flip Normals

When i start my game [P], occasionally the normals on all objects flip. Not sure what it is or how to stop it. It generally comes good but it’s doing it now, making the level hard to test.

Glenn
BTW, I’ve always thought “Flip Normals” would be a good character name :slight_smile:

try control N… but there should be no reason why the normals are flipping on you when pressing P…
be very careful sometimes you can hit control Z by accident, I think U means undo too sometimes.
in the past I have forgotten to save after tweaking things too…

another incident, I opened the .blend1 file rather than the .blend and got the last autosave rather than my saved .blend… drove me totally $#%^ing insane untill I tried to save again and noticed my error in the file extension.

Oddly enough it has something to do with the camera view. If I view the game through another camera, it’s fine. I wheel moused the view in and out a bit in the viewport and hit P again and it’s fine. I’ll try to keep an eye on what it could be.

Glenn

maybey its showing the pass through so you can see what your doing wich is most of the time a good thing but try going to the uv selector and setting the problem object to two sided then click copy draw mode (might not work im kinda a newb just tryin to help)

Yeah, thats what I thought at first too, however he says all his objects are doing that…

Thats something else happening…maybe to his graphics card? Dont know really.

Can that happen if you make a different object a camera? I did that once by accident but could only see grey, lol.

oh Maybe you camera is to close to the player? Did you move that at all? Ive see some really wierd things when the camera is partly inside an object, or touching it, you understand?

Didnt you recently make some changes to the camera ?

Dead on. Anyhoo. for now itworks again.

Fingers crossed

Glenn

wonder if it has something to do with the cameras clipping…

is it a huge object you are having problems with?

It might be that you have the near set too far away from the camera in the clipping options.Dunno… that usually just makes faces dissapear, not flip them

I have asoultion as to how but not why (good enough for now :))
If I have an empty selected or a piece of mesh with transparency and hit P the normals of every object is flipped. If I select a normal piece of geometry and hit P it’s okay. Weird.

Glenn

Please keep a copy of this file. Please give me copy of this file. I promise not to use it, just try and fix it.

Thats so weird what you last said…

Make sure all your cameras are not touching anything, and are not partly in an object.

on my computer at least, if I run the game with the active camera selected all the normals are flipped; it works fine as long as I have a different object selected (including cameras that aren’t currently active)

basically, I have made it a habit to select the main character before running the game, just to be sure.

on my computer at least, if I run the game with the active camera selected all the normals are flipped; it works fine as long as I have a different object selected (including cameras that aren’t currently active)

basically, I have made it a habit to select the main character before running the game, just to be sure.

this bug started before 2 versions … is there any solvant other than selecting nothing or another object .

Not that I know of. :frowning:
Glenn