Floating cottage

Hey everyone, this is my first handpainted 3D piece!! I had a lot of fun doing this but I also struggled as it was my first time trying to do stuff with vibrant colors from scratch. I’m very glad I learned a lot of new things about handpainting and color theory. Also, I really enjoyed modeling it! I’ll be making more pieces like that in the future :partying_face: Hope you enjoy it!

You can see the animated version on my artstation right here : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/R3wVoe

Thank you!

53 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t expect that :flushed: Thank you soooo much, I’m really grateful! Have a great weekend too! :relaxed:

At first time i didn’t believed that it truly 3D, it looks like a artwork drawn on top of a 3D model, but in “Light camera movement” animation it is clear that this is really in 3D, very nice work :heart_eyes_cat:.
I especially love the stylized 3D style and i’m like creating something stylized, so your artwork inspired me.

P.S. The color palette is reminisce a GameBoy palette.

1 Like

Beautiful work! The style looks so clean and well defined, and the color pallete is very nice. Did you fully texture the props from all sides, or take some shortcuts to save time because you only really see them from one side?

1 Like

Thank you! I’m really glad to know that my work has inspired you! Keep up :blush: :muscle:

Thanks a lot! Actually I only textured the visible side :sweat_smile:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

You really nailed that paintover. I’d also like to see it from more angles.

1 Like

You did a great job with the colors! I honestly believed that it was a 2D painting.
I wonder if there is a way to make a procedural texture in Blender to make it look just like this

1 Like

Thanks! It must be possible to do it with procedural shading in blender but I wanted to do it manually in order to acquire a better understanding of the colors :blush:

Thank you! I made a render from this camera angle on purpose because I wanted my image to be composed that way (therefore, I didn’t texture the scene from all angles)

Good work, beautiful coloring cool

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like