Flood Lights?

On my project i’m working on a launch shaft for starfighters, well I made a few small flood lights and placed them around the shaft but the problem is that the current lamps, areas, suns, and what not are to BIG for the tiny little meshes.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or have a possible solution to my flood lights? (I tried just placing a sun or an area light in the shaft itself but… it generally puts out either to MUCH light or not enough…

How about an image to show your problem?
Depending on the light type the lamp size displayed has nothing to do with the actual size of the light. Exceptions spots, the displayed cone actually shows the light, and areas, the rectangle is the actual area the light emits from. You can scale lamps like any other object but with area lamps this is dangerous because as you scale them down the energy doesn’t decrease. For areas it is best to use the settings in the lamp panel to scale the area.
You can use the sphere and distance setting to limit the influence of a light on the scene. Oh and try experimenting with the lamp fall off. Don’t be afraid to turn down the energy to 0.001 oh and in case you still have too much light you can always add negative lamps to draw light away from your scene.

EDITED: Just checked and realized some lamps can’t be scaled using S.

Thanks Musk, I was using the lights that couldn’t be reduced in size and assumed all of them were like that - silly newbie mistake on my end.

A floodlight is an artificial light providing even illumination across a wide area. Some of the new lights are actually making it possible to connect extra lights using the same motion sensor. The wiring diagram that came with your light will tell you what you did right/wrong. Most of them have an override switch that will put it on switch control only and delete the sensor. Look for the switches on the light and see of you left the sensor “off”.

RENITA

Search Engine Marketing

A floodlight is an artificial light providing even illumination across a wide area. Some of the new lights are actually making it possible to connect extra lights using the same motion sensor. The wiring diagram that came with your light will tell you what you did right/wrong. Most of them have an override switch that will put it on switch control only and delete the sensor. Look for the switches on the light and see of you left the sensor “off”.

RENITA

Search Engine Marketing