My little utility for night rendering and shutdown the pc is available (win nt/2k/xp):
You can use it for background rendering too, just set the shutdowntime to 0, this disables shutdown.
For shutdown please download the free PSShutdown and copy it to the same directory where Florence is located:
How it works:
- extract all file (from florence and psshutdown) to a folder
- Start florence.exe
- browse for the blender.exe and your blend file
- set the shutdown time (should be longer as the rendering took)
- set the frame you like to render
- save your settings
- press render and go to bed
On next morning your PC shoulf be off and after boot a rendered image should be located in your temporary path.