Fluid Domain Problem

Heyy guys, I’m new to this forumn, and I’m having a problem with the fluid domain bounding box. I’ve read through a few tutorials regarding fluid simulation, and it seems the fluid should not flow from the bounding box of the domain. So, here’s my problem…

I have a rectangular box which I’m trying to use as the fluid domain. There’s a fluid inflow object within the box, and the fluid is sucessfully flowing within the domain. Although the fluid is flowing, the bounding box of the domain actually changes and becomes a cube. The fluid then breaks the walls of the original bounding box.

Using this same setup, the simulation worked just last night. I’ve restarted blender hoping it was just a glitch of some sort, but this did not help. I have a feeling it’s just a simple setting I’m overlooking. Any help would be great! Thanks guys! :smiley:

What version of Blender are you using?

Attach your blend file to your post, it makes is so much easier to solve your problem especially with something with so many possible problems as fluids.

Heyy, that was fast, well, I’m using Blender 2.49b. I’ve attached the blend file, the objects are named so they should be self explanatory, all textures are gone due to the 2MB restriction.

Attachments

Table and Barn._No Textures.blend (576 KB)

I’m not sure if you can apply an explode modifier to the domain?

The fluid sim seems to work for me, it just makes a pool. Is that the intent?

Sometimes it seems that Blender gets confused on baking. Often I will manually throw away all those fluid sim files it generates in my temp folder just to have a fresh start.

Hmm, I didn’t even notice the Explode modifier, thanks!. I removed it and cleared the tmp folder, but the problem still persists… I would like to make a pool, but the pool should stay inside the “Tank”. Right now it escapes the sides by quite a bit, regardless of the bounding box size.

Make your Tank object a fluid obstacle and set its volume as a shell. Also increase your fluid resolution as it is way too small to get any good result and I like to set the display quality to final so you see the real fluid in the 3d view. I’d also use Ctrl+A / 1 on your objects to reset their axis scale values all to 1 (you have different scale values for each axis in the transform properties panel) to prevent any weird fluid baking errors that can occur if you don’t

I just posted a question about using a fluid sim to fill up and overflow a container.

There is a BLEND file here:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=190528