Fluid questions

I’m trying to get into fluid sims and have some questions.

Water leaks from the corners. Hard to see here and shows much clearer with lower res sims. I assume I need more steps, but which ones/where?

Resolution below default 32 makes the sim behave very different and like thick liquid. Is this some sort of limitation in the sim system?

“Blobs” at for example bottom left makes the liquid look like oil. What are those?

Flicker going on at the bottom right side and no clue why it’s suddenly brighter as well. Ideas?

I used branched path tracing with 500 samples for everything but 1500 for transmission. I still have too much noise going on. I believe the noise is caustics related, but there is no sample setting for caustics samples under Sub Samples in render settings. How would I improve caustics? There’s filter setting, but I’m looking for actual better quality.

Overall, something about it makes it look like not-water. Maybe the sim is still too low res or I needed better mesh resolution? Or maybe I’m overthinking it because it’s all so clean?

Oh yeah, I initially made the sim to test, if I could fill the tub and make it tip over. In other words, mix fluid and rigid body physics. It didn’t work. Is it possible at all?

The sim has pretty much default settings except:

Emitter:

Flow behavior: Inflow

Sampling Substeps: 2

Domain:

Resolution Divs: 200

CFL #: 8

Timesteps, max/min: 8/3

Mesh upres factor: 3

Collider object:

Sampling substeps: 2

Scale: flow object is 65x65x65cm