fluid sim questions

I am trying to set up a fluid sim of champagne shooting out of a bottle. As it shoots out, it hits the cork just a couple of inches above the rim of the bottle. I’ve got this working to a certain degree but it’s not quite right yet and I’ve got a couple of questions.

How can I make the fluids more bubbly and spray like instead of a thick fluid?

Is there a way to increase the bounce so that it “sprays” off the cork obstacle?

And, I’m new to blender and I noticed that the Y & Z axis isn’t what I’m used to. Is this something that I can switch somewhere? I didn’t see it in the user preferences area. Thanks!

How can I make the fluids more bubbly and spray like instead of a thick fluid?

Look at fluid particles http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Physics/Fluids#Particle

Is there a way to increase the bounce so that it “sprays” off the cork obstacle?
Try tweaking fluid properties. Note that the default fluid resolution is very small. Increase to give a better simulation.

And, I’m new to blender and I noticed that the Y & Z axis isn’t what I’m used to. Is this something that I can switch somewhere? I didn’t see it in the user preferences area.
No. The X, Y and Z axes can vary from application to application, you can’t change how blender sees the world.

Thanks Richard. Is there a trick to getting the particle drops to show up? I have a fluid object and another one set to particle with it’s type set to Drops. The size is set to 1 to vary the size of the particles by 50% (if I understand that parameter correctly). But when I process the simulation I don’t see any drops in addition to the main fluid sim. And is there a way to increase the number of drop particles or is it all based on the fluid? Thanks!

One other question. I’m trying to introduce some turbulence to the fluid and my understanding was that I needed to add an empty to my scene and set the force field to turbulence. Is this correct or do I need to put the force field on the domain?

You’re right. you need to add turbulence to the empty

Thanks Tirian. I upped the final resolution from 65 to 250 and although I’m getting more distinct globs, I’m still not seeing any spray or droplets from the particles object. Do you know if there’s something else I need to do to get this to work? I’ve attached the file just in case someone wants to take a look and see how I’ve got it set up currently. Thanks!

Attachments

Fluid.blend (501 KB)