Fluid Simulation: Keyframing Inflows/outflows--Possible? (Blender 2.8beta 05/22/2019)

Hello! :slight_smile:

Question:

Is there a way to keyframe/control different elements/objects in the fluid sim?

Example in my mind:
Insert keyframe in x-y-z velocities of inflow, interpolating contant f-curves to effectively “on and off” the flow of the inflow object at specific points in time. I tried to bake this and the inflow didn’t work.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Velocities of Inflow object are vectors. They are determining in what direction and at which speed a flow is initially escaping from source that is mesh volume of Inflow object.
So, putting them to 0 does not stop a liquid to flow from Inflow object.
Inflow Velocities are initial velocity of liquid. But if this one is null ; gravity of simulation is not.
And gravity is sufficient to obtain a movement of liquid.

To stop an inflow object to emit fluid, you need to put keyframes on the checkbox of Flow panel by pressing I.

1 Like

To stop an inflow object to emit fluid, you need to put keyframes on the checkbox of Flow panel by pressing I.

Perfect answer, zeauro, thanks!

The comments about: initial velocities and the fact that gravity is being simulated to act on the fluid are important details and make sense. Appreciate the full explanation. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Hello again!

So I tried keyframing the Checkbox for the “flow” for an inflow object and it doesn’t work :frowning: Is there a way I could be doing something wrong?

Edit: It works! Thanks! I had trouble because it didn’t work when the inflow mesh object was inside a fluid mesh object. :smiley: