Flying...thing.

Over 1.5 years ago, I first touched World of Warcraft and I knew I’d do something about me life and it did. That time perido just swooshed by and I didn’t really do much during that time. That also means I didn’t touch Blender during this time, but now I’ve quit WoW and started doing other stuff again, Blender included.

http://www.diffler.f2o.org/art/lentavawip.jpg

This is for the weekly contest of POnline and the subject was “Flying Machine” or something like that. I decided to start with something simple. I made it quick and it looked way too simple, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. I decided to add an environment around it to make it look atleast adequate and found Blender’s new particle system and tried to make grass with it following a tutorial. I desperately failed and threw the scene away.

I found it again yesterday and started fiddling around with the grass settings and got something better (but I still need help with it…) and decided to render it. This is what I have now, but it’s still missing the idea. Also, the environment is quite…lame.

I was thinking of adding some spider webs around the machine and the workshop and making an aeroplane flying far away in the horizon, but we’ll see. I think I started with too simple model and got bored because of that. :<