Follow Path: What am I doing wrong?

I’m working on good old captain blender and I’m at the point where Tony says to add a Curve > Path and place it in front of the armature with it’s tip as close to the armatures center point as possible. I’m not sure if that is supposed to be in top, side or front view. They all seem to make the armature jump to a new place facing a new direction. Anyway, once I force the captain blender armature to follow the path I notice that my mesh is no longer following the armature. It’s like the armature leaves the mesh behind and is all distorted all over the place. lol! I’ve given up after trying Ctrl + P and selecting Normal. The mesh just does not follow along. I tried Ctrl + P then > Path Constraint and that works fines on an empty with no mesh but not on captain blender. Please help!

Attachments

Does anyone have any pointers for me? Help is appreciated!! The above picture shows what happens right after I parent the armature to the curve path. You see the armature jump down from where the armature center used to be (where the 3d curser is) and the mesh gets pulled in all different directions. I don’t get the paths influence on the mesh here??

There seems to be some weird parenting thing happening here? It’s like the mesh is no longer parented to the armature once you parent the amarture to the curve path. I know Tony Mullin would put out a book with the wrong information in it?

Attachments