Font object text patch need testers.

I made this patch because the font objects always have bad quality in comparison to BLF text.
The patch change the scale and the ratio of the font objects that it match with the actual viewport size. The fonts objects should have nearly the same quality as the BLF text.
The patch also change the height of the font so that it match with the viewport height.

The patch only works in orthographic view with active letterbox (properly scale in the runtime).
The perspective view only works if the camera has a distance of exactly 7 Blender units (may be I make a calculation of the distance later) from the font object and letterbox is active.
The zoom factor of the camera is also included in the calculation.

Windos (Packed with 7-Zip.): http://www.mediafire.com/?4g7t77p67c1joijMy tetst file http://www.mediafire.com/?nxtk5j7ic91lj9h

HG1

Ahh,I will test it as soon as I get home.

Hi HG1, could you share the patch alone? z0r (Alex Fraser) made a patch for this awhile ago, but we had a serious problem with some clipping we didn’t have in trunk. I would like to test yours a well. Thanks

Yes sure. Here it is.

But my patch is far from finished. I posted this here to find out if this method is also working on other cards and other aspect ratio.

Before I started I searched if someone else has made a patch before. But I could not found anything.
Now after you gave me the name, I found was able to find this patch.

I don’t testit it but i think z0r (Alex Fraser) patch is better than my solution.
Because my solution does not fix the z-order bug and rotated text also don’t look good.

Please tell me if I should continue working on a patch or not.

Edit:
I don’t tested it, but shouldn’t the text be better clamped to the edge to avoid anti-aliasing artefacts?

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); // GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE 0x812F Windows part of GLee.h
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);