Bunch of Noob questions here, forgive me:
- Have a sphere, applied a texture, turned on Ramps, for diffuse and specular. How do I disable them, say if I don’t want a Ramp… can’t figure it out for the life of me. For now I just delete the object and start over again.
- In the Outliner, I view the OOPs, can I control the incoming/outgoing or enable/disable the plug strings into existing or new boxes.
- If I hide something, is it stored in a visual reference somewhere? Or is it like Illustrator where you have to unhide to see if anything is hidden (meaning no visual reference). Just wondering. I know I could just store objects in the layers, but I was curious about the hide/unhide command.
- Shift+S gives me snap options, even if I choose one of the options… it doesn’t seem to do anything when I model, is this so obvious to anyone (again I’m a newbie, so go easy on me).
- Lock center point to bottom of geometry? So, say I have a sphere, by default the center point is in the center. If I go into EDIT mode, I can move my geometry, and the center point remains. Is there a way to move the geometry or center point so it moves to the bottom-most point, or top, or side, etc? I wanted to find a more distinct way of doing this since I’m eyeballing it.
- When I have an object, I go into EDIT mode, I hit “N” and it brings up the “Transform Properties” what is “Median Crease”?
- Here’s the worst question. I was hoping to use the Node Editor window to see my materials after I create intense detailed textures. When I go into Node Editor, and my object is selected, I see no such thing. The window is actually vacant.
And, I’m reading the manual and I just got to Materials.