Ford Crown Victoria (Taxi, Police Cruiser)

Hi guys, i’m just taking a short break on Candleman (just 2 days) to make some more models and practice. Today i’ve started the first car model i’ve done for well over a year and i’m sorta taking my time with it. This one is a Ford Crown Victoria, comonly used as a Taxi or Police Cruiser. Or it could just be a regular car obviously :). Anyway, spent an hour or so nailing the overall form and now its time to get more involved. Here’s where we are…

Attachments

I begining to think that making a short animation could be considered a break from modeling a car :evilgrin: This things are nasty!

Yeah they tend to be but its gotta be done lol,

Here’s how it going, its all a bit of a mess right now, but with a bit of patience i’ll fix it and neaten it up. Failing that i’ll start from scratch lol

Attachments

Some serious mesh clean up ungone and now this is a better version of how it looks so far, i haven’t invested much time on this model yet, but hopefully i’ll complete most of it today :slight_smile:

Attachments

More done on the car, front is coming along nicely, still some neatening to do :slight_smile:

Attachments

its coming along well…i like your approach to car modeling, will give it a shot with my next model

Still going strong, the front of the car is coming along well, but not completed yet. As usual cars take longer than you originally think lol.

Attachments

More updates, doors, windows (temp models), small details.

Attachments

Looks really good. Nice and clean.

This would look AWESOME with materials/a texture!
(Don’t forget to use RayMirror on everything ;))

Just one more update before i call it a day and go to bed :slight_smile: Door handles added. Model time so far ~ 4 hours
Tomorrow finish the rear of the car, model tires and rims, maybe some texturing :slight_smile:

Attachments

Wow 4 hours! So tell me how long have you been doing this stuff for?

I’ve been working with blender for about 6-7 years now, since its very early days.
Here’s how the models getting on. 5 ish hours in :slight_smile:

Attachments

nice mesh pretty darn tidy wish i could model like that, where u planin on takin it like u no in terms of texturing and stuff?

Well i’ll use some UV on parts and basic materials with raymirror on, usual stuff realy but i’m waiting till its all there first :slight_smile:

I’d love to see a pimped out version XD

looks awesome so far!!!

Here we go, exterior practically finished texturing begginning soon :slight_smile:

Attachments

Do you think it would be possible to post a .blend file of this model when your finished?

I was planning on selling this model, thats why i’ve worked so hard on it, but because i like you guys, i’ll be happy to pass it on to you free of charge :slight_smile:
Here’s how texturing is going, the tyres…

Attachments