Forgotten

Maybe this should be moved to WIP or focused critique?

Not really finished, and youll get more tips and advice rather than here in finished projects…

I’ll admit I have been changing it quite a bit, but in Focused critique I didn’t get the same critiques as I’ve gotten here. I’m really happy with how my image is moving along, I think that many people will also agree that there are just a few minor touches to fix before it is set in concrete.

There is a story inside that picture that needs to be told. I will share my version of this story.

The key for me to understand the story is the blank sheet of paper inside the typewriter. This sheet of paper is still blank, so the initial idea of why it was put into this typewriter has not been fulfilled yet.

The person who wanted to write this specific letter might have just moved in, but I think he lives in this building for quite some time.

But when he moved in, he had left someone. The house is standing on a seeshore. And this house, standing at the shore of the ocean, was chosen exactly for this: Solitude.

He had left someone important. Someone who meant very much to him. And he did not leave in peace. There was some serious breakup going on.

And somehow, although he left, the story is not over for him. He wants to explain. To tell the reasons why he left. What his points of view for this breakup were. Sometimes it is so much easier to write down your thoughts to a piece of paper instead of shouting them into the face of someone you love.

So for a long time he had wanted to write down what he was thinking. What he was feeling. But whenever he walks into that room, where that typewriter stands, he is not able to focus enough to write down his thoughts. So he just stands in front of the typewriter, a bit to the right of the chair. Basically right now, when we look at this picture, we look through his eyes.

And when we focus enough, listen closely, we almost can hear his thoughts. Can see the pictures that run through his mind when he remembers all those silly and stupid fights. And we can hear him think about all those numerous times when he sat on that chair and, without typing a single word, standing up again, leaving the chair in this unordered fashion standing around.

Maybe he has already forgotten what this stupid fight was all about. Maybe it is time to leave this typewriter behind and start again, going to the one person he really cares about and reaching out with both hands.

Before he forgets what live is really about.

Yt,

Gunnar