forum pet peeves

i made my avater in paint in less than 10 seconds so ha

People who feel the need to answer accusations directed at other people to make themselves feel adeqaute. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and for the record, my avatar was ripped in under ten seconds, so… %|

J/K about the above “peeve”

This thread lives!!! I thought it would be on page 50 by now but its the first thread I saw…r0x0r pwned!!!111111111

http://forumspile.com/Owned/Owned-Windows95.jpg

Erm, spam?

postcount ++

Pet peeve #1: Cocky people
Pet peeve #2: People who don’t give others the benefit of the doubt.

[Edit: removed my own fine example here]

On the other hand, there are a lot of members here who don’t get involved in this stuff and are constantly putting up a positive effort and sharing with others. That is my anti-peeve. :wink:

People with 3D pictures as their avatars.

Check.[/quote]

People who always act like posting in forums is a game of tennis or chess.

:<

valarking, you misunderstood the point I was making with my post. It was my fault for not writing a complete thought, only a fragment. It was a last minute decision before I left to take care of something rather time consuming, and I knew if I didn’t do it right then, I either wouldn’t remember to later or the motivation would have passed.

I obviously haven’t removed my material and I haven’t stopped posting.

This is the complete thought I should have expressed: When I first read what had been written in that thread, it produced a powerful and unpleasant feeling in me. It reminded me of what it was like as a child to ask a question honestly and be ridiculed for not already knowing the answer. The words came across as mean spirited and something rooted in a level of elitism that makes me physically cringe. Resurrection of the old topic was in reality a blessing for me. I had forgotten about the animation. It was something that I had truly enjoyed when it was originally released, I watched it many times and was inspired by his work. To be reminded of it after all this time was very nice.

It was not the first time I have seen unkind behavior directed towards another, deliberate or not. Everytime I see something like that happen in the real world or on the net, it calls into question any interest I have in communicating with people. It is part of an eternally reverberating thought process between the two extremes of maintaining absolute secrecy and expressing myself to others. For years I thought I would never take the step to post and let others see what I had made with Blender. One day I decided to go ahead and do it. That act required a great deal of personal effort, but I am glad I did.

I wasn’t surprised by your response. My intent was not to punish anyone, that is a meaning you assigned to my words. Nor was I “bitching”. It was along a fundamental vein of this community that I posted what I did: self expression. Albeit not in as complete a form as it could have been, it was an honest inital assessment of the feelings I experienced.

After having all joy of life repeatedly beaten out of me by this world, the last thing I have left that brings me a few moments of peace and distraction from reality is my time spent with Blender and I have no intention of stopping any time soon.

My pet peeve: Hateful behavior towards others.

If you feel a wrong has been commited PM a moderator or administrator. We don’t have the time to read all threads and being notifed of bad behavior makes this job eaiser.

If you feel the inappropriate behavior was coming from a moderator, notify an administrator.

Can anyone point out the thread in question?

I can only assume that the irony was intentional?

Aquinex, I think you’ve cleared things up pretty well. I didn’t mean to point directly at you. That thing has been going on since elYsiun started. Nonstop.

I can only assume that the irony was intentional?

OK, good point, I had to laugh at that one. I’ve edited my post now. :wink: I think my original point still stands, and I know I’m not perfect.

I prefer red and tan, thanks.

</shameless plug>

We’ve got some hot Lorem Ipsum ready for you.

ROFL

Oh I just thought of another pet peeve: e-warriors

Those fearless, unemployed men who live on the internet, generating high post counts, and attempting to pwn noobs and just about everyone else. While you may not see this on this board as much, trust me they are out there. I once met a mighty e-warrior indeed. He obviously had no job as he was on his site practially 24/7. He generated 3000 posts in two days for fun. He attempted to flame mercilessly and prided himself on his verbal (well typed) lashings. To him I said…get a job/life/girlfriend or whatever will get you off your stupid computer.

Shut up n00b. I know what I’ll invent next…a machine designed to throttle n00bs over the intardnet!!

You mean that?

Blijin: hehe, you like that. Want 2 c my hawt lorem ipsum? :stuck_out_tongue:

Shut up n00b. I know what I’ll invent next…a machine designed to throttle n00bs over the intardnet!![/quote]

Maybe you can get Darth Andy to help you with that… He almost throttled Thoro right through the monitor! :wink:

And if an administrator is mocking you to tears, tough luck :stuck_out_tongue:

Dittohead, it’s the great interweb, not intardnet.

Martin

OK, screw what I said about being nice. :wink:

You forgot two things:

1- I called dibs on angry anime avatars way before you!

2- Mai isn’t dark side at all (assuming I’m right about who your avatar is).

Martin

Blijin: hehe, you like that. Want 2 c my hawt lorem ipsum?

Seriously, I am going to show that to my director, she’ll think it is hilarious.