'Fountain' Anniversary present for my parents

I wanted to do something nice for my parent’s anniversary this year (the 24th) so I thought why not make a nice picture on the computer. So I did. I came up with the concept of a flower shaped fountain with a heart shaped sculpture in the middle with two wedding rings, one hanging off either side of the heart just above the water. All in a scene with long grass and a few trees.

I wasn’t too good with the design on the fountain and so it’s more of a large bird bath :stuck_out_tongue: but thats ok.

Here is the final image final image after a fair bit of photoshop work.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2628/anniversary2dl4.jpg

this is the original render from blender:

Clicky

I’m still a bit undecided as to what colour the text should be, any ideas?

Awww, to be honest, I once started to do an image for my mom’s birthday (well, it was more like a birthday card) as I thought it would be a nice idea…
Okay, it definitely was a nice idea and it worked out well…too well, to be precise. Now I’m often asked to do an image for other people, or maybe a nice card or something. So, the moral is - be prepared that this might not be the last time you do this… :wink:

But nevertheless, I think it’s a great gift for someone you love - it really shows dedication and that’s what counts for me, even if it’s not perfect. By the way, what kind of filter did you apply in postpro? The pure render looks less blurry (it’s not exactly blurred, though) or let’s say, much clearer than the final product. I don’t think that this effect adds anything.
As for the typography - I’d put the “Mum & Dad” somewhere else, a little below its current place. Then, I’d make the text stand out more - a little blurring for a glow-like effect might work wonders here. I’m not sure about the color, though. Black is maybe alright but you should experiment yourself - also, you don’t have to stick to one color but you can carefully(!) use others as well. It just takes some trial and error to see what works out well :slight_smile: