FPS camera ?

I only have access to Windows, so I’m glad you give me some feedback on OSX. Unfortunately I don’t fully understand the problem that’s happening to you ( :expressionless: sorry, English isn’t my motherlanguage). So could you please describe the problem in a bit more detail.

Some extra info on the script:

Once the script is activated (by clicking right mouse button) it records your mouse position. Every time you move your mouse, the movement is translated to the 3D view and your mousecursor is reset to the position you started at.

I’ve experienced some problems by using the script in a new file. Somehow the camera wasn’t properly registered and the script wouldn’t work. I’m looking into the cause of the problem.

A temporary 2 step work-around:

1. Select any object and press CTRL + 0 (numpad).
  2. Select your camera and press CTRL + 0 (numpad).
    Then the script does work. But hopefully I’ll be able to fix this soon.

Bart.

I only have access to Windows, so I’m glad you give me some feedback on OSX. Unfortunately I don’t fully understand the problem that’s happening to you ( :expressionless: sorry, English isn’t my motherlanguage). So could you please describe the problem in a bit more detail.

Some extra info on the script:

Once the script is activated (by clicking right mouse button) it records your mouse position. Every time you move your mouse, the movement is translated to the 3D view and your mousecursor is reset to the position you started at.

I’ve experienced some problems by using the script in a new file. Somehow the camera wasn’t properly registered and the script wouldn’t work. I’m looking into the cause of the problem.

A temporary 2 step work-around:

1. Select any object and press CTRL + 0 (numpad).
  2. Select your camera and press CTRL + 0 (numpad).
    Then the script does work. But hopefully I’ll be able to fix this soon.

Bart.[/quote]

Ok I did the work around but that did nothing different either…

Theis is what i am doing, useing alt p to run the script, Then the script window replaces the text python window, I then right click the script window and the cursor jumps to the 3d view. As I move the mouse aroundnothing happens UNLESS I move my cursor to the script window pane which is on my rightside, which is when the camera will jerk and jump to another rotated direction…

I came out of the camera view to see what was going on, an found it to be doing just what I explained but this time it can be seen…

\Dont know what it could be dont worry about it to much :smiley:

It shouldn’t make your cursor jump to the 3d view. It should only set your 3d view to camera mode, but your cursor should remain inside the script window. So it probably sets the origin of the cursor wrong, which also makes for very jerky rotation when you do move your cursor into the scripts window. I’ll have a look into it.
One last question: does moving (WASD keys while in the scripts window) work correctly?

EDIT: does this still give you the problem?

It shouldn’t make your cursor jump to the 3d view. It should only set your 3d view to camera mode, but your cursor should remain inside the script window. So it probably sets the origin of the cursor wrong, which also makes for very jerky rotation when you do move your cursor into the scripts window. I’ll have a look into it.
One last question: does moving (WASD keys while in the scripts window) work correctly?

EDIT: does this still give you the problem?[/quote]

No it does nothing new… And it will not move with the keys, Buut this is what is happening. And I turn off all presets …

The mouse cursor keeps jumping to the ceneter of the 3d window when I try to move the cursor back to the script window.

Alright, I’ll have another go at it tomorrow.

EDIT: It’s tomorrow now, but I’m a bit short on time. Also I saw that blender 2.41 is going to be released within a week and it has some changes in the BPy API, so I’m going to wait for that.

Thats cool, no presure from me dude, it’s just feature requests is all…