Fracture addon for 2.5

Nice! Good options! But the bullet don’t run outside of game engine… I know that there’s a plan for this but I don’t think it will happen soon…
I loved that the inner-shard material is in your plans!!!
You could add an option to keep the original mesh hided, if something goes wrong.
(sorry english:))

Hi again!

eversimo: I think we should look forward at this point. I don’t think Bullet outside of game engine is that far away (the build I tried was pretty good even now). And also it will be possible to use the script even without it, so why not prepare for it?

pildanovak: I’m having trouble with creating UIs, I tried duplicating the properties_physics_smoke.py file and started doing changes to it, but alot of things I really don’t understand. As I said before I’d love to help out, but my lack of programming skills makes it a little difficult. Could you have a look at the UI part? If you like my proposal that is. I’m going to do a function for my particle idea atleast.

Thanks!

Hi!
Here is the particle function from my idea http://www.pasteall.org/blend/2138
You probobly have to rewrite it to make it better/faster but it works! It doesnt add keyframes for “Actor” atm since I couldnt find out how. This is supposed to run when you check physics,select particles,enter particle system and press recalculate(update) in my proposal. Run it and watch console.

yeah!!! cheers been waiting for this for a long time… you made me really happy. Now I can forget 2.49 :stuck_out_tongue:

Great implementation in 2.5.

I don’t think Bullet outside of game engine is that far away (the build I tried was pretty good even now)
Which build is this one ?

Any quick tips on using this with the bomb. To say for instance crash a ball through a wall??

Correction for my previous post regarding activating shards based on particle birth. It’s not the actor property that should be keyframed it’s the static or rigidbody property, since shards that get activated (gets rigid body turned on and keyframed) should be able to collide with non active shards (static).

bzh_nicolas:
Here is a video of Bullet outside of game engine:
http://vimeo.com/8236800

linux 32 build:

linux 64 build:

I know there were windows builds also, but I couldnt find them on graphicall.org

Hello!
I made a little proof of concept UI based on my mockup:
http://www.pasteall.org/11728/python
Put it under .blender\scripts\ui

There are a lot of things missing wich I don’t know how to add, but the core is there… I’l investigate some more but I could use some help.

Thanks!

Hello again!
I’m trying to create functions for every feature in my mockup, this is how far I’ve gotten:
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/2193
If someone would like to help me I’d be very glad. The functions mainly prints out what it should do atm. Just to make some things clear:

Fracture() - Is the function wich should be called when hitting ‘Fracture’ in my mockup
It breaks the object and put the shards in a defined group (look at mockup)

AddPhysicsProperties() - Should be called when physics is checked
Sets rigid body properties to every shard and Calls either AddByParticles() or AddByStartEnd() (Depending on wich is selected in the UI under physics

RemovePhysicsProperties() - Should be called when physics is unchecked
Sets every shards physics_type to “none” and removes static and rigidbody keyframes

AddByParticles() - Gets called by AddPhysicsProperties, or when hitting Refresh in the UI under Physics>Particles
Add keyframes for rigid body on shards in radius of a newborn particle.

AddByStartEnd() - Gets called by AddPhysicsProperties, or when hitting Refresh in the UI under Physics>Start/End
Add keyframes for rigidbody on shards based on start and end frame

Thanks!

Hello, sorry I was off -line and without computer now, and will be for 1 week more, will stop by then.

No probs!
I hope you will understand my functions file. I have some problems with creating keyframes as you will see. The functions prints out correctly but does something else. Maybe we could talk directly thru some chat service when you have more time?

Take care!

Just wondering where do we write the path and how/where does one press install? Really find this stuff a bit hard!

Also wondering if you can run the ‘fracture_rt_freezer’ script separately on it’s own? Did the following Blender Physics animation WIP but want the bottle to freeze or stay together until impact of bullet.

http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=43627

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated and like the others here have mentioned (and the other thread last year) a tutorial would be wonderful, because really a lot of people would love to use this. Thanks for all the work.

way cool really.

@pildanovak: nice to hear you :slight_smile: I’m going to look at your work closer (with foam around the mouth :slight_smile: Thanks for your work.
one old quick test http://www.blender3d.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7026&start=15
(sorry for my final stupid jet timing, looking for better tests in 2.5 with more details)

I’m running 64 bit blender 2.5 alpha2, on a win7 machine. Everything works until I start the game engine (P right?). It just crashes. Anyone else having this problem?

i found your explanation very simple to follow pildanovak

great script dude

hey great update now in scripts for 2.5… Ok hows about a couple of lines of tutorial on using 2.5 setup for waiting till impact of another object.

ibaknat,
thanks for noticing. :wink:
The script is now in default Add-Ons folder.
Thanks to Pildanovak for script & Pontiac for updates.
Hopefully this will eventually get ported to C & a modifier.

If you search for camstudio 2.6 source download and compile that, then you have the best free screen capture program available. It is free but people will try to sell it to you. Search for 2.6 camstudio on sourceforge.

Anyway, 2.6 can use multiple monitors, and it highlights mouse clicks and hovering. I have a precompiled binary for win32 if anyone wants it,

I do! (holds hand in the air like a first grader)
The win32 compiled version would be great.
Thanks.