Fractured Rocks

The best way to get support is visit addon thread. I am also new with this script and all errors was fixed or explained by author for now.

No, there are not any other steps. The only one thing that Isn’t clear is plane that I have in second layer with wire display mode (to see cube better). Cube is just sitting on the “ground” when I run a game engine (P).

Well what I don’t get is how you have more fracturing going on at the base of the cube. When I used the only working version of the addon (NOTHING in the new version works, all it gives me is errors), it would fracture everything equally and the cube wouldn’t fall or anything, it would just sit there and you could shoot balls at it.

I got more fractures at the bottom when I moved origin to the bottom (as you can see at the beginning of video).
To let the shards fall without any other force I just erased the empty that keeps all shards together.

Will you make a small tut (like that) for dynamics? It will be really great :slight_smile: I mean some destructions like “ball trough wall” or “break a bottle” stuff.
I’ll show something on this “rock theme” when I’ll do a decent pic.

Great effect, Do the fractures eat lots of memory?

@Moolah: sorry, wrong address :slight_smile: I’m not familiar with game engine, that is why I’m looking at the aligorith’s bullet integration to satisfy my animation needs

@3pointEdit: I don’t know what to say :slight_smile: All is question about your needs and hardware. In my case - these rocks use just a few objects, so no problem. Other playing with 1000 voronoi shards takes 10 sec to generate and GE is smooth. With more heavy scenes it become worth . . . lets change theme :slight_smile:

When I move the origin and I fracture the object (Only Voroni works, all others crash), it recenters the object, making all the fractures happen right there at the cent of the object and not the origin center.