Frames per second?

I am almost ready to begin animating a project I have been working on… will want to make a short .mp4 to share on my youtube and my own website.
Is 24 frames per second a good choice for this purpose?

24fps is good. You can go to 30fps but I keep all my Youtube animations at 24fps.

I don’t think frame rate of your video is a problem for video sharing websites as long as you use a standard frame rate.
You can use a frame rate from the Blender drop down list.
The most used frame rates are 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 frames per second ; basically, 24 fps is the standard frame rate in cinema, 25 fps is the standard in video in PAL/SECAM regions, 29.97 is the standard in video in NTSC regions, 30 fps is almost equal to 29.97 fps, it’s well used on internet.
I usually work on my animations in 25 fps and it’s never been a problem for Vimeo (I don’t use youtube but I assume it wouldn’t be a problem either).

Doesn’t YouTube convert everything to flash at 15 fps?

I think they convert it to mp4, but I don’t know about the frames per second

I don’t think Youtube changes the frame rate because if you download a video of yours from Youtube with a tool like download helper, you can see that the frame rate conserves its original value.

Why doesn’t people just google shit like this, hehe…? ;D

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1728585&topic=1728569

But for deciding beforehand, I usually use 24 fps. When it’s my choice (and not the clients). ;D

Thanks, folks… I will go with the 24 fps.
Farmfield, I did google it and had looked at the support page you suggested. But I have put quite a bit of time into this project and wanted to avoid unpleasant surprises, so I do very much value comments like your “But for deciding beforehand, I usually use 24 fps. When it’s my choice (and not the clients). ;D”
…404