Fred's Head

What happened when Fred’s head got stuck in a flowerpot in Iceland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DawrEsBCveA&feature=g-upl&context=G210e5aeAUAAAAAAAAAA

Your deformation on the characters needs work. The movement on the troll, I guess, and the wolf looks weird. In the scene where the wolf is carrying the decapitated body, it is completely unrealistic. Unless it was moving just one piece from the actual body, no normal wolf in existence can carry a body at that size. For the actual story of the video, I’m so completely lost, I need a detective to find out what it’s all about. It’s a video that will confuse the viewer every way to Sunday.

This is what happen when a country legalize marijuana… :smiley:

I love it & am also weirded out, just a bit. It somewhat reminds me of the childrens shows on TV here in Sweden in the late 70’s… Also explains a lot about why Swedes in my age are like they are. :wink:

What is so strange about a Swedish troll on holiday in Iceland trying to steal a head and getting punished for it??

What’s so strange about it? A lack of a explanation for starters. When you post a animation like that, you have to make it that everyone can understand it what it is all about. Especially to people who are not familiar to what they are watching. You basically just gave a brief description about what happened and hope the video explains itself. The viewer(s) that came across it didn’t know that it’s on a holiday, the fact that it was in Iceland, or the reason why the troll wanted to take the head for him or herself. Simply put, there really isn’t a plot to go on, is there?

That’s really creepy…

But I too have no idea what it is about…

that was one trippy vid :L video makes little sense but was interesting

I used to be that troll. I got really, really drunk and tried to steal some Icelandic love but ended up smoking an ISK 500:- cigar instead. Awesome holiday though… ;D

Case and Point! Take a look at the other comments above me. They have no idea what this video is about. You want to get your viewers into exactly what this clip is about. It’s like the essential part of any animated story. Without it, the viewer is just wondering in the dark figuring out what the point of this story.

Surrealistically nightmarish, enjoyed it very much! :slight_smile:

You are absolutely right Xero Shadow. There is no plot. But is there in real life? Stories are always made up afterwards. I’m not telling a story here. I just made me a nice black eagle and let it fly. And the eagle spotted a little house. And I made me a troll to liven things up. And lo and behold! It discovers a head on the window sill. A head in a flowerpot. Being a troll, this calls for action.
From then on things got out of hand. I did not know about the lady in the house. That she was that violent. I also did not know that there was a black wolve strolling about. Neither did the troll. Otherwise he would have been more careful, I am sure. From then on I had no control whatsoever. It was too late to rescue my lycke troll. I could only watch in horror and prepare for the worst.

Even in reality, everybody has a story and within the story of their lives, they too have a plot. In the words of William Shakespeare’s play, As you Like it, “All the world’s a stage and all the men and women merely players.” It may not seem like there’s a plot, but in every action in life, there is always a plot into why they are doing so. Even when you made this animation, you planned and charted each point along the way into how it’s going to turn out.

I did enjoy it though. I thought it was cool and creepy at the same time. I just thought it had a plot was all. :slight_smile:

@XeroShadow

You’re so missing the point. If you want realism, logic, browse wikipedia, hehe… I agree this is weird stüff but I’m old enough not to try to dissect everything into what I can understand, most art doesn’t work that way.

It was never about logic or realism. It was all about making sense of the video and trying to grasp the point of the story.

Are you sure there is a point? Do we need a point? Monte Python didn’t think so. The point was it was pointless. ;D

About this piece, I don’t know. I didn’t try to analyze it, I just accepted it. :smiley:

wtf nothing else better describes it

Oh, brother…

Let me also quote Shakespeare on this subject: Macbeth

“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more:it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.”