Free 3D models for architecture and games

Hi everyone,

my name is Edgar Ravenhorst,
recently i started my own website: www.edgar3D.co.cc

on this website i will put models for games an architecture, for free!!
i’m still working on my site and my models and because i’m still quite young i still have to learn a lot. so it would appreciate it if people would have some critics to improve my modelling and site building skills.

i would appreciate if people would take a look and give my some tips;)

also ideas for models are welcome;)

thank you all!! for the interrest

(site is back online, there were some problems with my host, i changed host so maybe this is better)

No Worries Young user - I will cruise by your site soon and let you know my thoughts.

A couple of things. First, some of your downloads are not working.

Second, you should include an actual license with your downloads and list your terms of use on the web site. You should answer questions such as: is it ok to sell these models? How about modify and sell them? Can the models be redistributed for free? Can they be included in a video game that will be sold for money? How about in a movie or still render that will be sold? Do people need to credit these models to you if they use or redistribute them?

thank you for the info i totally forgot about the license, i will create one as soon as possible
:wink:

pretty sweet modles man, i especially like that crypt

Not a bad start for a site. And the models look rather clean (judging from the screens)
Good luck.

Hi,

Regarding the lowpoly crypt.3ds model, you list the number of vertices of the model and not the faces (as tris).

You should list the face count (number of polys) when the model is convereted to 3 sided faces as this is the important information when you’re putting models into game engines.

In the case of the crypt.3ds model you should list the number of polys(tris) as 590. The number of vertices is unimportant.

HTH.

http://www.digital-air.co.uk/

and a note to make it look 10x more pro: please do your self a favor and run it through a spellchecker. :slight_smile:

thanks i did that one for a friend 2 days ago, took me less than an hour to model :smiley:

ok thanks i always thought the amount of verticles was important. btw do you know the tris limet for a model in a game engine(i know it depends on the engine) but can you give me a number? thanks:D

i know i know but i’m not very good at creating websites yet, give it some time;) hmm maybe i should hea:P

ok thanks for watching and the nice words:D

ok i added a new model what do you all think?

Its awesome

hi
i create a new 3d animation game.This matter still quite young i still have to learn a lot. so it would appreciate it if people would have some critics to improve my modelling and site building skills.
so , now anybody can call me.

sorry but this is not where you should be posting these questions.