Version 1.1.0 has been released! Below is a list of updates.
Note: Previous node setups will have different behavior with this new release due to many changes that had to take place. This should not happen again in future releases.
This release includes new example files due to above note:
Iceland.blend includes a procedural grass shader, procedural cloud shader and geometry nodes generated cloud object:
reef.blend includes procedural terrain material and advanced water shader:
- New Diffusion Plates Node:
- New Gradient Node:
- New Status Bar (old one was removed from inside the Erosion Node):
- New Add menu. User can add a terrain object that will erode as soon as added and load a simple Terrain Nodes setup as well as a default material. Add menu also has an option to add a Terrain Nodes plane that uses Displacement or Micro Displacement:
- Improvement to the Sediment Slippage erosion algorithm, now slightly faster and better handles stable slope angle.
- Improvements to Thermal Erosion, now also effects Rock layer.
- Texture Baking now uses CPU by default, this was desired for higher resolution bakes that could not fit on the GPU (let me know if you want an option to choose GPU).
- Large code refactor and restructuring for future development.
- Fixed deleted objects hanging around.
- Slightly faster speed for Noise generator nodes.
- Removed some settings from the Erosion Node for complexity reduction. Options can be still found in the advanced settings.
- Improvement to noise algorithms for simulations only.
- Various minor improvements to erosion and simulation algorithms as well as fixes.
- Various usability improvements.
- Additional improvements to GPU out of memory protection.
- New “Auto Scale Parameters” option in the erosion node. This option attempts to preserve the same erosion result at every scale. At 512x512 resolution it has no effect, but anything above or below will be scaled (mainly designed when going to higher resolutions for the final erosion). It works by scaling total number of cycles, rain frequency, and many other parameters from a base 512x512 resolution.
Terrain Nodes is an Add-on for fast GPU erosion and terrain generation. Create complex erosion setups using nodes inside Blender. Live preview layers as the terrain erodes. See the Gumroad page for full overview.
Terrain Nodes Website/Docs (still work in progress)
List is result, right image is input: