[Free Blender Addon] - Tedious Imports

Hello,
I’m new to scripting but I’ve been learning these past few days to create a script that allows the user to quickly Import and Export .OBJ and .FBX files.
As a person who finds himself always importing these files all the time along with the regular .blend files, I found it very tedious to have to always go File > Append / Import / Export > Blend / FBX / OBJ (and if you press the wrong button, you have to go back and do it again) so I created a panel in the Render Panel called “Quick Access” which gives you the basic Import / Export options right there in the render settings so all you have to do is click which one you want without having to do those few extra clicks.

I’m releasing the script for free so people can get back to making beautiful scenes without some of the tedious actions we have to do all the time. If you have something you’d like to see added, then please let me know down below and I will try my best to implement it into the script, or if you added something you think is also tedious, let me know!

Here’s a screenshot of what the panel looks like:
Tedious Imports Panel
NOTE: The reason there is no “Export blend” is because I just use the normal save, CTRL S.
It’s nothing special, but for my first try at scripting and executing an add-on, I am very, very pleased with the outcome. :slight_smile:

If you want to download this add-on for free, click here.
If you want to check out my featured renders, social media, and more, click here.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy. Happy Blending!

3 Likes