Free external renderers besides Yafray ?

Is there any other free/GPL rather than Yafray? I read on Yafray forums that project is not progressing Sad Alot of bugs that hasn’t been fixed.
I found only Toxic and Virtual Light, but they are both for Windows only.
It would be nice to have something for Linux too.
Is renderer in Blender 2.40 as powerful as Yafray?
What native Blender’s renderer is missing that Yafray has?

Is there any other free/GPL rather than Yafray? I read on Yafray forums that project is not progressing Sad Alot of bugs that hasn’t been fixed.
I found only Toxic and Virtual Light, but they are both for Windows only.
It would be nice to have something for Linux too.

Have a look at Povray.
But the disadvantage is not to be fully integrated in Blender. You need external scripts to export your scenes. In most cases it is very complex rendering animations with other external raytracers than yafray.
The advantage of yafray is its full integration into blender (selectable in the Render-Buttons).

Is renderer in Blender 2.40 as powerful as Yafray?
What native Blender’s renderer is missing that Yafray has?

No, not quite as. But internal renderer ist quite easier to use. In some cases it maybe very complex to setup scenes to be useable with yafray.
yafray has a better “physical” light algorithm than blender, means more realistic radiosity, lobal illumination and so on.

Wow! Povray is awesome!!! How hard would it be to get a scene from Blender rendered in Povray? Where can I look for script that export scenes to Povray?

Is Blender native renderer good enough to produce cartoons and cut-scenes for games (like Warcraft 3 cut-scenes)?

Thanks.

Wow! Povray is awesome!!! How hard would it be to get a scene from Blender rendered in Povray? Where can I look for script that export scenes to Povray?

The only script I know is Povanim. But the development is always a little late behind Blender releases. Just this moment there is no script version for blender 2.40. But you may have a look yourself:
http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/fr/povanim_index.htm

Is Blender native renderer good enough to produce cartoons and cut-scenes for games (like Warcraft 3 cut-scenes)?

YES, more than good enough, I think. And for cartoons you can make materials settings right directly in blender. In my opinion the results look very good.

Besides: All of my stuff I’m just doing with the internal raytracer. You may have a look on my website in the destroyer- or zyklop-gallery. the last picture is raytraced with blender’s internal raytracer and these are quite not the best settings possible.

Just try YafRay first. It is well integrated in Blender and you’ll have good results soon. Other renderers are not as well integrated and will give you more problems.