Hgen - hair generate and manipulation tool - GET YOUR SUSAN A HAIR CUT!

This is a blender hair generation and manipulating tool, i hope it’s bring comfort for users to working with blender hair particles system. it’s a beta version so if there’re any problem please report it to me so i could improve it even more
here’s a demo trailer:

get it now for free on gumroad : https://gum.co/HGen_nd9h
basic document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GccbGKcODk7Phki1wR3tcTa10jndxKFX_o4uVIeqFCc/edit?usp=sharing
available on blender market soon
do you like it or not ? comment and let me know what do you think and how can i improve it.
follow me for newest updates

34 Likes

vow really nice. thanks

2 Likes

i like it, usefully.

1 Like

@ND9H That’s awesome! I think many people will be happy with it. Thanks for your generosity.
Update: I played around with it, and a world opens. I think this is the way you should do hair. Really amazing.

One idea is to improve where the guide will start when you paint it. For example is it possible to start around the mouse cursor. Or maybe snap to surface. So that the curve will be positioned where you expect it a bit.

3 Likes

feedback noted :heart:

3 Likes

I didn’t get the add-on yet and likely won’t have the chance to test it for a while, yet I’ll already gush over this if you don’t mind! :joy:

One of the biggest challenges in using the Blender’s current particle hair system is the inability to quickly select intermediate hair keys and snap them to the cursor. Solving intersections is a terribly boring affair consuming a lot of time and effort. But your add-on will likely solve both issues! Thank you, I can’t wait to try it because this looks amazing!

2 Likes

haha i have same issue like you so i think most of people does too, that’s why this addon came out :joy:
in the future i would try upgrade it so it’s could working with both hair particles and hair cards for game engines too

1 Like

Как удалить неиспользуемые блоки?

Switch your outliner to Data API

Scroll down to Particles area

Same as here

1 Like

Спасибо, даже не знал о такой возможности. Я создавал отдельные кривые, присваивал им эти блоки и тогда удалял.

Hey Good day :smiley:

I have a good idea for this awesome Hgen :star_struck:
add-on add bone to curves and animate it with wiggle add-on
DO you thing we can auto mate bone creation :bulb:

Convert curves to mesh and used skin modifier and create armature bone along mesh
Parent bone to Curve with (object Parent) Also on Bend to bone envelopes in armature modifier

Add animation with wiggle bone add - on

Blend Example file
Shubhampatilart - Hair Particle Animation With Bones.blend (893.4 KB)

1 Like

https://youtu.be/WaL3BS8r1IM For better result this add-on can help

noted down to the next big update :grinning:

2 Likes

Does not seem to work in my blender installation. H-Gen got installed, but the whole plugin consists of a basic window without providing any functionality of editing hair. I attached a screenshot.

Maybe you know a solution to this? I really would like to work with H-Gen.

Thanks in advance.

hi,it seems I didn’t get all the document files since I can’t event select an object. can’t use anymore in latest version??thank u

Hi Toshi_Fuji,

you should always mention your Blender and Addons version.

This is the only version I have of HGEN.
HGen_2021_6.zip (7.3 KB)