Free public file uploader!

Well, basically because I love the open source community and I understand how annoying it is to either have your own host/server or have to sign up somewhere which has bandwidth limits. And I have resources just sitting there :slight_smile: Just my little part in helping out I guess :slight_smile:

Ok, well that is great!
Thanks!

Your welcome :smiley:

Of course you can! :-D[/quote]

Thanks! that will be useful for posting here.

(I ask because they can be large files if they contain many frames)

Yup, no problem, anything 200MB or less…and i doubt you have a animated .gif file larger than 200MB :stuck_out_tongue:

Very very cool thank you, this is what makes Blender so great it’s the people

Awe, well thanks man. I’m sure other people would do the same if they had the resources :wink:

Hi Polorix. I’m trying to upload a 3Mb MOV file but without luck. I browse for the file but when I hit “Upload” it just gives me a “sending request to uploader.polorix.net” and that’s as far as it gets.

I’ve waited 5 minutes or so but the message doesn’t change. I also notice no files seem to have been uploaded since Thursday. Is it broken?

Well first, for the .mov file. The time it takes to upload a file is a based on your internet connections upload speed and how far away you are from the server. so a 3 meg file depending on those two things could probably result in a slower time to upload.

As for the no files since thursday…There has been a lot of uploads since then… I think like 3 a day right now and their all 20 meg files… it might have to do with your browsers caching settings; displaying a page that was temporarily saved from the first time you visted.

If still no luck, keep posting here or email me.

-Thanks

Keep the traffic coming :smiley:

You may want to offer some form of registration so people can keep track of/delete their files if they want to. It would be optional, just like on imageshack. Just an idea.

I thought of that but, what if someone was browseing and found a file they thought was worth shareing somewhere else? if they linked to it and it got deleted by the author…it would suck :stuck_out_tongue: I might put up a new version for registration sometime in the future.

Thanks, Chris

w00t! Alright. I just uploaded a new version of the uploader. It now includes user registration. thumbnail creation. and statistics for each user. Go hard!

Thanks. Chris

Um, how do you use thumbnails?

thx man…

really appreciate it, who knows maybe one day i’'l repay you,
(or not…:p)

lol!

thx m8

nice! I may need this in the future…

Yeah, now I use it every day :slight_smile: thanks polorix!
Drew

Your welcome dude, Keep on uploadin :smiley:

Hey man, awesome, I just used it for my test video to post here, worked perfectly without hassle. You are on my wicked cool list!

First Thanks man :slight_smile:
i have a problem
when downloading now i can’t resume downloading but this feature was enable before

and sorry for my english

thanks. very professional, valuable resource.

I like this a lot. I was using savefile.com for quite a while. I will now use this. The only complaint is that I would like to have a track bar while uploading. Or some sort of thing that says something like 56MB of 67MB or something like that, I don’t know if it is doing anything