Free Rig, Plus Potential Job Opportunity

Really great model!!! I would have loved to come and help you if I was good enough but I live in Asia which won’t work.
Anyways thanks for the rig.

If you like my work, I can work as freelancer.

Pretty sure the idea is to do an animation with the linked character and then ask for a job.

I shall send a reel in soon.

I may still have a bash at this animation test, but as I’m not an animator I don’t feel overly confident with it, more of a modeller/ generalist :slight_smile:

Sweet! I’ll give it a shot, been wanting to explore animation more :stuck_out_tongue:

Linked, added the proxy, ran some test and everything seems to work very smooth and without any flaws. Did some customization with the rigged mesh though, so that it can be handled with little ease on my ‘age-old’ machine. Will be running few more tests before jumping right into animation (and in the meantime, am doing some storyboards, to get the right flow of the theme).

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/test.png?w=cb6fb922

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing, Ben! This is such a neat stuff indeed. Been long since I last animated a character, almost 6 months already, of which I wasn’t able to share to the community due to some legal issues my previous employer had on my animations. I’ll see what I can make out of your neat rig! Thanks so much for sharing.

By the way, I’ve sent you an email. :wink:

-Reyn

Hey Ben,
I downloaded your character last night and had a lot of FUN!

I was wondering if I could use it for a few weeks on the LittleComposers.com web site?
Please let me know if you are OK with that?

That Rig looks great, I’ll try it as soon as I get some free time. I can’t wait.

It’d be great if you, guys, were to hire generalists. I think I’ll give it a try. Sounds like a great oportunity!

@onemanblend: See my PM.

Great idea ben, really solid stuff.

As A(rin)dam asked and I’m also curious ; what is the deadline for this opportunity?

@P@ddy_anim, A(rin)dam: We’re aiming to start in may. So any time this month is cool.

Updated the rig to fix an issue with the hair:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/180363/Jake_Rig_Packed5.blend.zip

…O.o, still as beautiful as ever…ive been rendering for days now…my desktop is the one handling all the rendering,…but you guy is playing guitar!!! lmao :smiley: hope you like it when its finished rendering O.o…BTW the guitar is high poly, soooo rendering looks like its gonna be another day or so

Your new rig doesnt work on my computer…it wont let me make him blink, or look around, or smile or anything T~T

also no IK controls work, FK works a little, but the legs wont move at all except for the toes :stuck_out_tongue: (or shoe tip lol)

@EvilMoonMoose: Thanks for pointing that out. It was the API change issue from earlier again. I’ve now updated the rig to use more recent builds.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/180363/Jake_Rig_Packed6.blend.zip

are you serious!? another API change!? damn!..now i have to get another build, right after I just got this one T~T,or will this llink take me to a version that uses an older API?

Downloading now whether it does or not, I look forward to it :stuck_out_tongue:

hey, evil moon mouse, where are the wooof, wooofs? did you now ben is also on the blender user map and you are the first to advertise an invite for a beer ( you paying) for any Blender map person who makes it to the twisted wrench biker bar, texas, usa. Good on ya.

I cant find him? wheres he at? lol, and yup, im paying for the first to come to the twisted wrench biker bar, usa lol, so whos goin?..

any way: its working quite well (the blend…) thanks!

Hey!! Great improvements in the model! Well done! Especially with the hair!
I note some changes in the rigg (mostly better). But the controls for the head (brows, blink and smile) no longer function.

thats already been solved, blender has a new API, so the new stuff wont work with the old API

go download a version of blender 2.57

@EvilMoonMoose: Oh that’s true! Thanks!