Free Rigged 3D Model Site Has Blender models!

Interesting site with number of links to free rigged 3d models. I guess that’s why it’s called that. Has mostly Maya and Max stuff, but I found a few cool Blender models that were rigged and pretty much ready for animation.

Check it out:
http://www.freerigged3dmodels.com/

BMax

Man, two posts in three years…

Interesting, if you click on a pic to check it out, you’re taken to turbosquid’s website…

Is this some sort of spam advertising???

It appears to me to be the ‘old bait and switch’ tactic…

“Hey look, it’s free, come on over here at look at all this great stuff”…

I’ll not mark this as spam just yet… But it really looks like spam to me…

The links to the models look like affiliate links (…?referral=sweepfish)

It’s not bait and switch, you just have to sign up and become a member like so many other sites. Once you are a member, you can download models for free. What is also nice about Turbo Squid is that you can specify your price range when searching for models/textures. If you type in $0.00 you can see all the free stuff!

there is nothing nice about turbo squid…lol

I agree, there are some models on that site that should never see the light of day, in fact the models should never even be told about the light of day to stop them trying or even thinking about seeing it, for if they did it would probably end in a mass genocide being committed by some poor Jnr. Artist given the task of making the hideous contraptions look ‘pretty’.

I don’t know, man, they managed to make The Bubbleman masterpiece in only 5k polys…