Free Roaming

Hey guys,
Just to let you guys know before i start, my keyboard is a little glitchy. So proper punctuation or whatever its called cant be included, i apologize for this.
Use this as reference:
(qm) = question mark
(q) = Quotes

I was wondering if blender has a feature where you can free cam(qm) Like for example; use certain keys to move on each particular axis.
Because it would make it a zillion times easier to make models, as im just beginning 3d modeling of Firearms to start. Im currently using a different program to the make the models and export them as an .obj file to blender as i couldnt find any free-cam function. But also that makes it difficult for rendering as the file is imported away from what i call the (q)Starting Grid(q) and it is incredibly difficult to move as i can only move sections…

Any idea if this is possible to free-cam or have a better strategy(qm)

Appreciate it guys!

Learn navigation http://www.blender.org/manual/getting_started/basics/navigating/index.html
Shift+F goes into Fly/Walk navigation using WASD keys and mouse

Ensure the object origin of the model is in the correct place on your object

For more help please be specific in asking questions with screenshots etc. From your post are you talking about moving around in the viewport or moving and editing objects in your scene ?

Just to let you guys know before i start, my keyboard is a little glitchy.

How do you expect to do anything properly if your keyboard is knackered, throw the piece of junk away.