Free Script Sundays - Free Add-ons

I did not understand the site earlier so I made different posts for every addon but now I have decided to keep one thread and post new addons here every Sunday.

3 Likes

The first episode covering the “Import As Decal” Addon is out now! You can check out the video here:

Here are some images made using the add-on:

Get it for free on Gumroad
Get it for 3$ on Blender Market

4 Likes

The 2nd episode of my Youtube series ‘Free Script Sundays’ covering the new “Synced Modifiers” Addon is out now! You can check out the video here:

What is Synced Modifiers Addon?

Synced Modifiers is a free Blender Addon that allows you to add modifiers to multiple objects at the same time and automatically syncs them using Drivers.

Get it for free on my Gumroad
Get it for 3$ on Blender market

4 Likes

The 3rd episode covering the new “Transfer Images” Addon is out now! You can check out the video here:

What is Transfer Images Addon?

Transfer Images is a free Blender Addon that allows you to transfer images from one UV map to another UV map in just a few Clicks.

Get it for 1$ on Blender market

4 Likes

The 4th episode covering the new “Quick Roughness Layers” Addon is out now! You can check out the video here:

What is Quick Roughness Layers Add-on?

Quick Roughness Layers is a free Blender Addon that allows you to add photorealism to any object by adding Roughness Maps in the form of layers. Each layer can be controlled individually and can even be limited to the top or bottom of the object using the Z-Masking.

Get it for 3$ on Blender market

Examples:

3 Likes

The 5th episode covering the new “Bake-A-Node” Addon is out now! You can check out the video here:

What is Bake-A-Node Addon?

Bake-A-Node is a free Blender addon that allows you to bake the output of any shader node to an image texture. Very useful when you have complex node setups and it starts to become very performance-intensive to do the node calculations. Or when a certain node does not work in Eevee (Bevel node for example).

Get it for free on my Gumroad.

Get it for 3$ on Blender Market.

4 Likes

The 6th episode covering the new “Align and Distribute” Addon is out now! You can check out the video here:

What is Align and Distribute Addon?

Align And Distribute is a free Blender addon that adds some necessary aligning and distributing utilities (similar to Inkscape) to Blender.

Examples:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (13)
ezgif.com-gif-maker (14)
ezgif.com-gif-maker (15)

Get it for 3$ on Blender Market

12 Likes

Very cool stuff – thank you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Glad you find these helpful! :smiley:

1 Like

The 7th episode covering the new “Quick UV Checkers” Addon is out now! You can check out the video here:

What is Quick UV Checkers Addon?

Quick UV Checkers is a free Blender Addon that allows you to quickly toggle ON and OFF a UV Checker texture to help with UV unwrapping.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (23)

Get it for 1$ on Blender Market

4 Likes

If any of you have any add-on suggestions or ideas feel free to post them here.

4 Likes

I am not sure if it can be managed via an addon. But an addon that would automatically load any file import/export preset that is named “default”. I know people have asked for this for years, a way to override the default settings (especially those in game development), but it doesn’t seem to be a priority on the official Blender development side.

As an idea it will be cool to have addon for creating basic primitives to always fits in view (not larger, not smaller)

I am sorry but i don’t think understand this completely. Can you please explain it a little more what you mean by import/export preset that is named “default”?

Thank you very much for the suggestion.
Can you please give a use case example? Like where this would help

to not scale every primitives everytime… for example i need tiny cylinder here
here it goes
and large cube here
for now in my workflow i just use small primitives (1/10 of standard sizes) and scale 'em up

Oh yes, I also face this problem quite often. Do you think a shortcut key like “Scale to fit view” would be better? As it would work with any object, not just primitives otherwise I will have to override all the primitive buttons.

1 Like

yep, it seems very clever solution!

I will try to make an addon for it in the future and post it here if I succeed.
Thanks again for the Suggestion

1 Like

Sure can! Blender always resets your File Import/Export settings when you restart the program, whereas other 3D apps like Maya store these changes in a user preferences file. Blender has the concept presets to recall theses changes in settings, but if you happen to forget to load it before exporting you may be waiting a while for Blender to export your entire scene to .fbx when you just wanted to save out a single model.

The idea would be if a preset with the name “Default” exists, load these settings when the File Import/Export dialog box opens.

Let me know if you need anymore information and thanks for checking into it!

2 Likes