[Free] Shape Key Transfer Addon

I have created an addon which allows you to transfer shape keys across meshes with different topology.

Please check this link to learn more.

Kindly consider starring the repository if you find it useful.

Cheers!

4 Likes

I think this is exactly what I need! Has it been updated to 2.8 yet?

Yes it has it’s own branch in the repository.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the quick response! I’ll let you know how it goes.

Bug Report

The function itself has been confirmed to work well and is very useful to me.
However, since a bug was found on the UI, I report it to this thread.

1. Source Mesh

I prepared two Shape Keys on the source mesh.
01_Ready

2. Destination Mesh & Run Operator

The Destination Mash was also placed and the operator was executed. The result of the shape key transmission was not satisfactory because there was a difference in distance from the source mesh. However, there is a radius parameter, so I tried to adjust it.
02_Run_Operator

3. Parameter Adjustment Failed

But when I wrote the value in the parameter, my input was invalidated and it seemed that the operator was trying to maintain the initial value.
03_Option_Control_Not_Working

4. Manual Solution

I tried various manipulations on the GUI, and it turned out that you can manipulate parameters only by changing the value of the shape key once and clicking the Transfer Shape Keys button.
However, even that can be changed only once, so it is cumbersome to repeat to find the appropriate Increment Radius.
04_Manual_Solution

That’s about it.
If you can adjust the parameters in the pop-up panel to successfully run iterations, it will be of great help in finding the appropriate values for the Increment Radius and Number of Increments.