Freedom

Some of you may remember my old Freedom image made in Blender about a year ago, it’s been on the Screen Saver, the demo reel and the blender3d.org gallery. Recently I found an image on sxc.hu, unfortuenetly I never recorded the name, and have yet to find it again (if I do I’ll let you know, this guys deserves full credit for the inspiration).

This image was done in illustrator and photoshop about a month ago. Hope you like.

http://renders.dittobox.net/Freedom/Freedom%20II.jpg

Anyone?

Please understand that I respect you as a person and a fellow artist and I don’t mean to be offensive in any way to you.

That said:

Personally, I think better colors could have been used. The tan on the (bridge?) and the blue sky seem a bit boring. Also, I’m not a huge fan of gradiants, but thats just my preference.

The other thing is, I think there is too much negetive space to the left. Maybe some clouds or just a different sky color or something?

It’s an excellent start, but I know that you can do better!

Please continue!

Hehe, no problem! I love critiques! I don’t do this very often so getting as many crits about it as I can is good. After looking it over more I think you’re quite right. I’m not a huge fan of gradients either, however it was very flat so I decided to use gradients to add some depth.

I’ll work on it some more when I get some time.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! :smiley: