Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:50 pm MOST USERS ONLINE

The most users ever online was 335 and it happened on the date above. I hope this isn’t spam. But right now its 3:32 and im waiting for it to hit 3:50 just to see how many users are online…Who knows, maybe we will set a new record. Come on, inspire everyone you know…if you can reach them, to get on elysiun and build the numbers. It is currently 3:33AM where I live, and it may be diff where you live, but you have 17 minutes to get as many people on as you can. There are currently 31 users online at this moment. Mark that, now there are 27. Come on guys lets do it!

Its july 5th, we can do it again.

Well it was a dream worth dreaming…When it hit 3:50 there were 33 users online, and I guess people are considering this a spam post now so I will let it die. I just think you guys could have tried harder :frowning:

mmm…

What was the occasion that 335 people were on here?

I’d assume Elysiun was linked from a major website, because the counter includes guests.

I’d assume Elysiun was linked from a major website, because the counter includes guests.[/quote]
in other words, the dreaded slashdot effect.

Martin

I’d assume Elysiun was linked from a major website, because the counter includes guests.[/quote]
in other words, the dreaded slashdot effect.

Martin[/quote]

Though not quite as extreme as a genuine slashdotting. (remember when blender.org was a text page with a download link?)

Though I didn’t know what slashdot was at the time, I remember the text page with a d/l link. :-?

I think the occasion was the announcement that Blender would become open source. The Blender chat rooms were also full of people that day.