Frickin drivers

I’m going to start off by saying that I hate drivers. They are amazing, but they don’t make a lick of sense to me, and no tutorials explain them in a way that makes sense to me. So I just have to do exactly what they say if I want to do it right, which is fine, I guess, except for when I’m trying to follow them, I have to do things just a little differently, or my blender format is, for whatever reason, just slightly different than theirs.

I’m trying to make corrective shape keys for my model, because the armature is putting a hook in her butt for some reason. I’ve already made the shape keys and I’m trying to attach it to the armature. The tutorials are for making corrective shapekeys for arms and things that have a positive rotation value. Rotating hips give you a negative rotation value. Likely a simple fix, but I can’t find it.

I need the shape key value to be at 0 while my bone rotation is 0 and I need my shapekey value to be at 1 while my bone is at 1

Some one help.

I ***** hate everything

This is the only thing you need to know about drivers. Because anything other more advanced than this it will only result into more trouble and confusion, it’s better to move on to “Animation Nodes” instead.

In your case imagine that you will need to change the property of the shape key you want. However what I don’t know is which bone rotation you need to get. I see that you can select only either of X-Y-Z. Perhaps you might construct three variables that way, and in the Python expression get the average rotation.
(RotX + RotY + RotZ) / 3.0

Wow. Thanks. What if I want to make a driver for a bone that rotates on multiple axis?

I want to make a corrective shapekey for an ‘arms crossed’ pose, but I can’t seem to make a weight paint that doesn’t have her shoulders looking stupid.

You might be able to get rotational difference between two bones and then decide what to do with the output. Say for example when the arms bend, it should increase the shape blend value.

Many thanks.