Friggin' TLAs. It never stops

So, now I find out that Blender is a DCC tool.

“WTF is that?”, I said to myself.

I know… I know… Digital Content Creation.

But geez! I picture elementary school language classes in the future to be nothing but TLAs.

what would you prefer?

See? You could have typed “YPM?”

(Your Preferred Method?)

If I had to ask about someone’s preferred method 10 times a day, I might consider it.

The Jargon-factor is always a tough consideration, sometimes it is helpful having a specific term to use that others know what you are talking about. but it’s only helpful if someone knows what you are talking about. it creates an in-group and an out-group, which can create a lot of barriers to entry for new comers, or old-timers who haven’t picked up the new lingo.

With the evolution of the English language having greatly accelerated in the last 10 years, the western world is at risk of having a true ‘Tower of Babel’ moment (where society falls apart because of every person losing the ability to understand what the majority of other people are saying).

So if you already see a little bit of a language barrier between you and others (in spite of speaking the same language and living in the same country), just wait 10 to 20 years.

It can, and has, been used by geeks to bamboozle management, because management doesn’t understand what geeks are talking about in the first place. :upside_down_face:

YAR, BWC? ASS
(you are right)
(but who cares?)
(acronyms sound smart) …oops

1 Like

What is TLA ? please use entire words

4 Likes

TBH IDGI IMO its NP :grin:

This whole discussion is TL;DR. :wink:

3 Likes