Frog ornament

Hi all,

After fiddling here and there and modelling so stupidly and then trying to repair it all and then realising that Octree resolution of 256 actually makes rendering faster during my test renders, I’m happy to present my frog.

I am going to render this once more at a very high resolution (2400x3300 pixels) to get it printed professionally at about 8in x 11in. Then I will frame it and give it to my Dad for his birthday at the end of August - he loves frogs.

I’m happy to receive any comments and criticisms you care to give.
I kinda feel like I’ve just crossed the finishing line so I can’t guarantee I’ll go changing everything. However, I like to read what people think regardless. I may learn something new for next time.

http://www.calebblake.com/blender/kingofgreen12.jpg

The completion of my first serious project - sigh :slight_smile:

Caleb

wow!!! look at the floor and the wall raelly good, joke, joke, really cool frog.

Good job on the wall/floor transition, nice frog too.

Does a real frog suposed to be so shiny and reflective?
Too much of it Dude.

Who said that it is a “real” frog? Could be a ceramic one…, and for that he did
a very good job.

@caleb: a nice birthday present for your dad, i think he will be very happy
about this one :smiley: .

Bye, Olaf.

Nice work! I like it.

Hey, looks good. I like where you ended up with this. I’d like to see a little more work on the skirting board, but it looks good. Keep it up.

That would be true if it were a real frog. However, as the title says it’s a frog ornament. :wink:

Caleb

That would be true if it were a real frog. However, as the title says it’s a frog ornament. :wink:

Caleb[/quote]

Oops, sorry, did not see the “ornament” word in the title :slight_smile:

That’s OK.
Originally, I was thinking about doing a real frog and stumbled upon the idea of an ornament only after I was stuffing around with materials.

It actually suited me to do it this way.

Caleb