From Blender to Inkscape and/or Rhino

Hi, this has been driving me mad today: I can get Inkscape paths into Blender(thanks SVG). I can get Rhino geometry into Blender as a DXF. I cannot, though, export Blender geometry into any Inkscape compatible format(which is not SO important right now), and, most important, I cannot get Blender geometry into Rhino. I’m working with LINES, not solids, and, and so the exporters don’t work(I’m onlo working with edges). Is there a way to actually do this? Only way I figured was extruding the lines so they would be poygons, and then flattening them out on Rhino, but it is not very smooth(and I get broken lines).

Thanks, any helo will be greatley appreciated.

i guess is not posible ,

inkscape are vectors, 2D . Blender are vertex, 3D, You can still render your mesh with shadeless colors and use the Path/trace bitmap option ( default settings )

Rhino is a nurbs modeller , it works with nurbs , blender is vertex. i guess is not posible.

Maybe im wrong .

Inkscape can convert raster images to vector. If you want to edit the paths though they may not be pretty and clean.

IIRC, there are scripts which allow blender to render to SVG, not export. You’d have to set up your camera to be orthographic, etc., but it can be done, I think.

Rhino is a nurbs modeller , it works with nurbs , blender is vertex. i guess is not posible.

Rhino, like most CAD apps, handles most kinds of geometrical descriptive methodologies, not just NURBS exclusively (which is just one of many ways to digitally describe geometry.) This whole CAD=NURBS mentality is a tad skewed. Actually its more used to describe advanced surfacing geometry - which has little to do with probably 90% of what CAD is used for. Industrial Designers (in consumer-product design, especially) make far more use of NURBS-based data structures than your average CAD designer or engineer. I design a lot of aluminum castings where I work now, and maybe less than 1% of the geometry that I create needs to make use of surfacing tools (in CATIA V5.)

Sorry… back on topic: Getting blender geometry cleanly into a CAD application has always been troublesome. STL is likely your best format to attempt, but yes, it will only come thru as vectors & faces (polygonal surfaces), not much else. There has been much talk recently on improving blender’s NURBS functionality, including trying to implement data transfer to/from other apps via openNURBS format. This is probably a long way down the road tho, and won’t help you much here.