front reversed in Perfect View key combinations ?

Looking at the Perfect View key combinations of http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/The_3D_Viewport_Window#Rotating it seems that with side and top you’re actually looking at that part of the object (right goes toward +x and top +z) but with front it seems you’re looking at the back (-y), to me it seems natural that the front would go toward +y, is there something I’m missing here ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

So things were slow with this thread and went to irc://chat.freenode.net/%23blender and had those few exchanges :
<DynV>I’ve posted this question http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=164111 3 days ago and only got 3 views … Would someone consider replying to it ? thanks :slight_smile:
<G_Dragon>DynV, not sure I get your question.
<SilentPenguin> DynV, i dont think i agree with you on that
<DynV>G_Dragon: sorry I’m having a cat problem over here … take a triangle and look at the top, you’ll be pointing toward y (-y), it’s right side toward x, and for a pyramid top z
<G_Dragon>DynV, I think it has something to do with the fact that blender uses the left hand coordinates method.
<DynV>G_Dragon: Blender 3D: Noob to Pro said the right hand … but what impact wold left hand have ?
DynV> G_Dragon: my issue is with top and right you’re looking at the arrow point but with front you’re looking at it’s back
<G_Dragon> Well, I think it isn’t a problem in the long run.
<DynV>G_Dragon: I need to set myselves mnemonic to remember and this one I don’t get …
<DynV>SilentPenguin: where don’t you agree on my post ?
SilentPenguin> the front back thing
<SilentPenguin> to me negative is the back
<SilentPenguin> so you should be looking towards the back from the front
<DynV> SilentPenguin: then why top and right are not the same way ?
<SilentPenguin> the top is
<SilentPenguin> you look down into the -z
<SilentPenguin> oh, no, your explaining it oddly
<SilentPenguin> i thought you ment the other way round, yeah, it does seem a bit strange then
<SilentPenguin> never really bothered me though, just flip your meshes :smiley:
<DynV> SilentPenguin: on top and right you see the arrow point closest, on front view it’s the furthest

<DynV>SilentPenguin & G_Dragon : do you mind if I post your replies on the thread to make things move there ?
<G_Dragon> Sure
<SilentPenguin> doesnt bother me
<DynV> great ty :slight_smile:

Well thigs were a bit slow here so I went to irc://chat.freenode.net/%23blender and here’s the related exchanges :

<DynV> I’ve posted this question http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=164111 3 days ago and only got 3 views … Would someone consider replying to it ? thanks :slight_smile:
<G_Dragon> DynV, not sure I get your question.
<DynV> G_Dragon: sorry I’m having a cat problem over here … take a triangle and look at the top, you’ll be pointing toward y (-y), it’s right side toward

x, and for a pyramid top z
G_Dragon> DynV, I think it has something to do with the fact that blender uses the left hand coordinates method.
<DynV> G_Dragon: Blender 3D: Noob to Pro said the right hand … but what impact wold left hand have ?
<DynV> G_Dragon: my issue is with top and right you’re looking at the arrow point but with front you’re looking at it’s back
<DynV> G_Dragon: I need to set myselves mnemonic to remember and this one I don’t get …
<DynV> SilentPenguin: where don’t you agree on my post ?
<SilentPenguin> the front back thing
<SilentPenguin> i thought you ment the other way round, yeah, it does seem a bit strange then
<DynV> SilentPenguin: on top and right you see the arrow point closest, on front view it’s the furthest
<DynV> SilentPenguin & G_Dragon : do you mind if I post your replies on the thread to make things move there ?
<G_Dragon> Sure

Well thigs were a bit slow here so I went to irc://chat.freenode.net/%23blender and here’s the related exchanges :

<DynV> I’ve posted this question http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=164111 3 days ago and only got 3 views … Would someone consider replying to it ? thanks :slight_smile:
<DynV> G_Dragon: sorry I’m having a cat problem over here … take a triangle and look at the top, you’ll be pointing toward y (-y), it’s right side toward

G_Dragon> DynV, I think it has something to do with the fact that blender uses the left hand coordinates method.
<DynV> G_Dragon: Blender 3D: Noob to Pro said the right hand … but what impact wold left hand have ?
<DynV> G_Dragon: my issue is with top and right you’re looking at the arrow point but with front you’re looking at it’s back
<DynV> G_Dragon: I need to set myselves mnemonic to remember and this one I don’t get …
<DynV> SilentPenguin & G_Dragon : do you mind if I post your replies on the thread to make things move there ?
<G_Dragon> Sure

<G_Dragon> DynV, I think it has something to do with the fact that blender uses the left hand coordinates method.
<G_Dragon> Sure