Fruit plate

Hello everyone.
I modified my previous project “Scared Apple” to a usual fruit plate because I thought maybe this image is also a good still life. So I removed the characterized apple with the worm and there it is.

I made this project in Blender 2.8 Beta and rendered it with cycles. I used blender’s denoiser for faster rendering.

You can find my previous project under this link:

I’m looking forward to your comment and hope you like it. Of course, as always I’m open to criticism, to improve me as an artist.

4 Likes

Hey Erik,

Nice work. I really like the modeling.

The bananas in the background look really good but the apples and grapes look a bit too fake to me. Something about them that looks too clean.

I think it may have to do with the fact that the grapes and apple don’t have slight detoriations like the banana does, so they seem inconsistent with the banana.

The plate can also do with some improvements in tiny details and slight imperfections of some way.

Overall great job still and thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your comment. You are right, they are too clean. That’s really a good point. Of course I could say, the grapes and apples were just bought and the bananas are just a bit older, but this imperfection would add more realism to the image. I will consider this in future projects.

1 Like