frustrum culling

do i have to turn this on somewhere? I opened a project in 2.25 and the rasterizer was at 85-90%. I opened the same one in 2.34 and the rasterizer was at 80-85%. Not much of a drop. i thought frustrum culling would drop this percentage down. please help

Yeah I also don’t know if it works. I did a wireframe run of some of my game tests, and I just see the complete wireframe of the whole level, even the objects that aren’t in sight. But they said it doesn’t have to turned on. :-?

Frustrum works fine, i just tested it.

I have tested as well. Look on the top of here for more info.

JD: It only works when you look through the camera.

hhhmmmi havnt got it working yet either . weird :-?

frustrum culling only renders the polygons in the view of the camera. it works. you need to do some benchmark tests with some biger game maybe :slight_smile:

Ooohh, cool, I just noticed you can adjust it dramatically with clip start and clip end.

Wow, I guess our worries are over about speed now (well, except for the physics speed problem %| )!

frustrum culling only renders the polygons in the view of the camera. it works. you need to do some benchmark tests with some biger game maybe

No, the frustum culling implemented only tests mesh’s bounds not individual polygons.
Before this blender had no culling at all. It did not even have real back face culling. Using glCullFace does not give any speed increase since the polygons are still sent down the pipeline. It’s not even meant to give a speed increase.

Do you know how much of a speed increase having polygons culled that are outside of the view frustum and one sided polygons facing against the camera?

Ok I’m done ranting. :wink: