Fryum / fried food item material & texture issue !

I think mnay of the issues you are having are down to your lighting and scene setting (i.e camera angle, lack of other objects).

to get something that looks realistic - you often need to light it and set it realistically. Your object is just floating in free space with a grey background and isn’t lit very well. Try putting your object into a scene like in the photos you posted and light it using a hdri environment. You may find doing this makes designing the material much easier.

Guys!

here are couple of recent developed materials… ! I guess this is much much better looking.
pl. comment… This are as is raw rendered … no P.P. ( post production ) touch up.

hope a very little tweaking is required to finish… your comments welcome friends !

Yeh here is a little finished touch up… Hope not looking bad ! :o

/uploads/default/original/4X/9/2/0/9206a19cc5d87a1dd1284b2dd36f7a023b9b4603.pngstc=1

Attachments

can you show nodes set up

now these are not translucent ?

happy cl

Hey you are very right ! there will never be a pleasant result and good success as long as you are into space in 3D. It sometimes take years together to understand for good visualizer. Unless nothing exists around the thing doesn’t really speak up in right way and you have to try exceptional settings !

However i guess the last result I could get is not bad as long as it is a single piece floating in space. I will try to put them in group to see how they appear.

Hey Guys !
I should be honest :D:D:D after seeing my less knowledge about cycles shader… I tried this with Vray in 3ds max …even that didn’t give me much versatile freedom to play… Later, Grrrrrrrrr!

I took a chance with Mental Ray …:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin: after such a long gap … But honestly Mental ray gave me complete segmented coverage to create this & I could finish in 1.5 hr. including trials lol

Sorry I had to step out of blender. But I will try to settle up the cycles for this !

Here is a scene setup and material setup ref.

Attachments

HDRI might help but not certain have to be tested

but look at you first pic and the shadows
you can see 2 source of light
one on the left and one on right

but for the other translucent biscuit that might be more difficult
will try another test if I time today

can you take a high res photo of the 2 biscuit
with some transp or tansluc mat

and another photo with some colored small things behind it ?

happy cl

also how about using 2 layers materials
one mostly glass transp which would be the oily part
and under it the cookie

did a quick test on a simple shape and it can work
have to test that when I got time tomorrow on the low res cookie and if it can give some oily surface too!
but I don’t have a big machine so that can take long time to render something nice

happy cl

Hey
Ricky,

2 layer materials ?You mean in cycles shader?
In earlier trials i did that already through mix shader but was unable to achieve what exactly needed.

As you said I will give a try to put 2-3-4 cookies together to form a group and then render… it will perhaps uplift more beautiful or will kill the beauty of single settings and will have to reset all like lights and surrounding ! :slight_smile:

By the way whats that “25 % K.I.S.S.” ?:smiley:

you don’t know Einsten Theory = Keep it simple stupid !

I was talking like 2 objects above each other
on top would be like transp glass with glossy = oil reflections

and under your other material

only problem this might require your high res model and X 2
unless low res can also work well with that set up

but still not certain if it would give what your looking for

happy bl

How could u manage to attach that .blend file here? … lol last time I wanted but cudnt do it.

what file ?

to load up file you just go to advance and then near bottom of page click on manage then you can upload files

happy bl